Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car:00 Hatch

I was wondering if someone could help me hook up my autometer, so i know were each of the four wires goes.

Black - is for the ground
Red - is for power (good power)
White - is for your light (i hook it up str8 to the cluster works fine)
Green - Tach signal (Blue wire on drivers side)

I have hook up all four wire but the tach still doesn't want to work right i got good ground i know i have power i hooked it up to the radio didn't work so i hooked it str8 to the battery still didn't work can anyone help me??

Thnxs

·
Registered
605 Posts
for my tach my green wire went to a green wire on driver side on the top corner of the hood it should be just a wire there not connected to nething

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plug the green wire to this single plug on the inside on driver finder its a single blue wire w/a yellow connector.

get your tach signal form the negative side of the coil?? Sorry im kind of new at this i know its on the dizzy but were?? sorry for the noob question

Thnxs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
anyone???

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i been looking around on the internet and everyone keeps saying hook up the green wire to the single connector on the inside of the driver fender it should be a blue connection i did that and didn't get crap that tach still didn't want to work and other people are saying hook it up to the negative side coil on the dizzy so thats what i dont understand. Can someone explain to me what the negative side coil on the disturbor or better yet can someone show me a picture of what the negative side coil is??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you unplug your battery when you hooked up your tach. Did yuo have anything else hooked up to the same power ground ect as your tach. What does your tach do when you start the car. My tach lost all function after I did some electrical re-wiring on my car. I pretty sure its because I had multiple things hooked up to the same wires as the tach. Thtas just my experience though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nope i didn't unplug my battery when i was hooking up my tach. Power was hook up to ingition on where the key goes into which i tested and it was good ground is hook up with one of my ground wire on the inside of the engine bay and my lighting works fine its just the rpm (green) wire that im having issues with

thnxs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
hook it up to the negative side of the coil, inside the distibutor, has a - marking on it.....
I try looking for that earlier but didn't find anything and someone mention that it should say rpm but cant find that either. Do i need to take the dizzy itself off the head to see the (-) marking or should i see it when i take off the cap cause i can't find it?????? HELP!!!!????!!!!! pictures would help too :-(

Do i have to the the rotor off too jw??

-thnxs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.