Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having a few problems hooking up my gauges, for anyone who has done this before:

1. oil pressure gauge. do i run the vacuum line straight to the brass t on my firewall from my oil line kit? the compression nut and all is 1/8 npt, and it threads in fine, but for some reason my kit only came with one. but i need the same nut on both ends, one on the back of the gauge, the other on the oil feed line t, right? this is just for reading oil pressure to the motor, not regulating oil to the turbo. is it a vacuum your reading, or actual liquid pressure from the oil going to the gauge?

2. fuel pressure gauge. i get this gauge, and it tells me to order this special braided hose that's threaded on both ends. one end threads to the gauge, cool, but what does the other end thread to? there is nothing i've seen for it to mount to. i was thinking about cutting that end off and t-ing it into the fuel line running to the fpr. it shouldn't leak, and i'd still have the threaded end inside the car for safety. the other option, to keep from having to cut the line would be a threaded t, with two barbed fittings, which i don't know if that exists, i have to search. but if all else fails, i'm chopping one end off and running a barbed t.

3. i hooked up the boost gauge on the vacuum line running from the air outlet to the wastegate. i just t-ed in. that cool too?

thanks for any help or suggestions!!!

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
ok what you need is one of two things
for the Fuel pressure
a you can do it from the fuel filter or the rail..
from teh filter a banjo bolt with a hole in the top to thread a 90 degree fitting
on the top and thats where you thread the one end and then thread the other thru the firewall to the gauge..(lots of teflon tape!!)

as for your boost its a better practice off the IM for an accurate reading..
but your way works too

as for oil it depends is it electric of mech?

T

·
0 Posts
hummmmmm... Doesn't autometer tell you to mount a mechanical fuel pressure gauge on the outside of the car???? just a thought....

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, autometer tells you that when you receive it in the mail. i didn't know that you should only install it in the bay. i may end up selling it, i'm not sure.

as for the banjo 90 thing... i know where you're talking about, but i have no idea where i'd find a fitting that would work like that. my oil pressure gauge is mechanical. it just has a vacuum line coming off the back of it...

T

·
0 Posts
9000_red said:
wtf? i guess the stainless line they sell is leak proof and resistant to gas? hmm...

ya, you shouldn't need any teflon, just make sure it's nice and tight... In case of doubt just call their tech line, that's always a good source of info.

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i hadn't even considered that...calling the people who make this shit...

if all else fails, i will call autometer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts