Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i installed a 10K 5" tach in my 91 civic si, the last wire i'm looking at to hook up is the signal wire for the tach. i cant find any diagrams on the color code of the rpm signal wire on my hatch....on some random site it said something about on the ECU PIN side it was B15 White1....i'm unsure and dont want to just start splicin the wiring to my ecu/ distributor...any help would be greatly apperciated

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
little blue wire on the shock tower.
you fail again sir, OBD-0 doesn't have that nice feature :)

Either use the wire at the dizzy, or pull the instrument cluster and tap into it there.

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol well thnx again transzex u've helped alot this past week i'll get her finiched in the morning peace

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I'm looking at buying a 90-91 DX WAGON...........yeah hell has froze over!!!!!!!!!!!

8k tach is all you need though.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
you can get it at any NON common color at the injectors

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
there should be a wire behind your speed-o not sure which 1 it plugs into your insrement cluter and its is the tach signal wire, gotta hook it to that. someone one hondacivicforum.com told me what 1 it is along time ago, i'll see if i can find it.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
quote: kc4...hcf.com....You don't actually have to go through the firewall. If you take off your gauges there are wire clips connecting to it. Two smaller ones on each side, and two big ones--one dead center, one a little to the left. On my Honda Civic DX, the tach wire is blue with silver rings and it is on the big clip a little to the left.

WARNING: Some places on the net say that use the blue wire with silver rings on the smaller clip on the left. THAT IS WRONG! That wire goes to the airbag (SRS) light, and can be a pain if you cut it.

thats all i can find so one of the larger clip the one thats offset find the blue wire with silver rings on it. just cut it it doesnt have a stock tach its not needed in the harness clip. strip the green wire on ur tach and strip the blue n silver wire splice together and if you have a soldering iron or gun bust it out for a really good conection elec tape it up and you shopuld be good to go....hope it helps

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i hooked it all up n got nothing, my factory tach works fine, but i hooked it to the left bigger clip blue w/ silver stripes and still nothing. so i'm not sure...but what color would i need to run it to just to hook it to the distributor? i dont know much but i tried several wires on that side and got no movemewnt from my tach.

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and i'm not sure if the wiring is the same on a dx & si mines a si.....transzex what do you think? i gave it good solid ground and the power right to the ignition fuse port

·
Banned
1991 Civic Si
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm good i ran it to the dizzy the 2 wire plug solid blue of ef models(Si) unsure about dx....but i wired it to there...the 2nd wire color is black w/ yellow stripe....for anyone future reference.......thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts