Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this when i got my nitrous kit and it has saved my ass 2times. now i know you cant use it to tune the car but it WILL show you when you are running lean. like when the defective B&M fpr i had on took a crap i ran lean, now if i didnt have the meter i would have started melting stuff very quick. and when the vac/pressure line from the zex box blew off the fpr during a race ill bet by the end of the track i would have had to get a 70 mile tow but i saw it was running lean and i stopped. i suggest everyone buy this when your running boost or nitrous, not for tuning but for letting you know when your running lean cause of a fuel problem... its the best 60 bucks i spent!

·
0 Posts
I so agree. Mine also helped me find out that my 02 sensors was shot. Couldnt pass emitions testing because of it.

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
when i spray it lights all of the lights up. i have the o2 wire soldered in by the ecu and the ground is bolted to the body. i figure it should be good but it's not. any idea's?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
if those 7-9 lights are all green, your doing fine.

If you see it dip into the yellow, be VERY careful!!!!!!!!

If the gauge goes dead red, your melting pistons and plugs, which I've done!!!!!!!

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
transzex said:
if those 7-9 lights are all green, your doing fine.

If you see it dip into the yellow, be VERY careful!!!!!!!!

If the gauge goes dead red, your melting pistons and plugs, which I've done!!!!!!!
what do i do when they all light up, yell weeeee!!!!!? :lol: i mean every light on the gauge turns on. it's kinda funny.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
i need more fuel? i look at the plugs and they have a very light brown color to them. when i'm spraying my friends say that is black smoke that come from the exhaust like i'm running rich.

·
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
well i just went out for a drive and now its lighting up like 5-8 green lights. guess i'm good huh?

S

·
0 Posts
question: when I first installed mine, at idle, the led's would sweep from left to right in a very slow, smooth movement; I put on a header (zip tied the 2nd O2 sensor to the chassis) and it moved a little more jittery, had to put my stock manifold back on for smogging (CA) and ever since it jumps all over the place; it still moves from red to green like it used to, but its jittery like you wouldnt believe... is that normal? Only mods are aem cai and exhaust

M

·
0 Posts
good question. i would like to know that myself since mine does that as well.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
get a used autometer off ebay.. and yes it does sweep from lean to rich but when your over i think 80% throttle it will go into rich and stay there, unless something is wrong...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts