Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I posted this before and nothing really was resolved. and I now have new questions so I thought I would make up a new thread.
All questions have to do with Boost and Oil Pressure gauges

1. Electric Gauges vs. Mechanical!
For Oil pressure, not having the oil line tracked into the interior is a nice thought to me, but is it as good and acurate as a mechanical gauge?
The short sweet oil gauge is about 75 dollars, where as the full sweep is worth about 200, is it really worth the extra 125 just to get a little more precise reading?

For Boost as seen before in the product reviews, the mechanical obviously has some problems but is it worth 200 to get an electric? is it any more acurate? The Autometer site also says that the electric boost gauge comes with it's own map sensor, obviously this just tee's in and doesn't affect any other systems right?

Any help would be great.

-TAG

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've seen you posting alot of these threads over the past month or so asking for product reviews and reccomendations for pretty much every single turbo part for your car. Just do some research man. Call the companies, look at different setups around and draw your own conclusion. Build you car with what you want it composed of. Use the search function on any of the websites. Between d-series.org, honda-tech, superhonda, turbod16, homemade turbo, b20 vtec, clubsi, sohchonda, different brand websites, dsm websites, srt4 websites, nissan websites etc your going to find the answer to what you want. If you want to spend 200 dollars on an oil pressure gauge then do so, you don't need anyone to tell you it. Asking if the extra money is worth a better oil reading is simply stating the question that you need to ask/answer yourself.

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow how many times does it have to be said

Get the hell out of my threads then, it's been said before, and I"ve said it multiple times, personal experience is must more relaiable then what a company is going to tell me.

Dear Mr. Autometer
Should I buy your cheap gauge or should I shell out the money for your expensive one.

Thanks

What the hell do you think the answer is going to be, it's really not that hard to skip over my threads, find something else to read. I need to make sure on everything I order cause I can't afford to have this build fuck up, or end up not working, I'm on a time line and a budget. If you guys don't want to read my posts, when a new post has my name under it, skip to the next one, really isn't that hard. This site is an online resource of honda drivers and the like to help out everyone else that don't know what they are talking about. And they help them out when the noobs ask questions, sorry I don't know what you guys do, did you guys ever ask questions, I guess not eh you just read up every site on the internet and believed everything you read and now you're experts. did you guys ever try searching, it returns a lot of finds and searching through them all never answers my questions exactly. I don't understand why you guys have to keep sooking, just ignore me. There is an ignore button you know. Thanks for Coming Out.

Now does anyone want to actually answer the question?

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well

Wasn't a whole hell of a lot of feedback, but basically what I get from all of this, is that you get what you pay for, so go for the expensive electric full sweep quages, that's 400 dollars worth of gauges. That's nuts.

-TAG

D

·
0 Posts
I used a cheapie ebay (glowshift) setup and it worked fine wasnt extremely accurate on the vacuum though
Oh yeah it was around $100 for boost/vacuum,oil psi/A/F

·
Registered
602 Posts
I wasn't even ragging on him, shit I was giving him advice. I was telling him he will be happier if he builds the car with the parts that he wants. I took 35 fucking seconds out of my busy day full of law classes to answer this nimrods question, and he doesn't even have a shred enough of decency to recognice it, much less appreciate it. So what do you want? Do you want me to tell you how to put your fucking car together? Do you want me to tell you what parts to use? Do you need someone to hold your hand. I've seen AT LEAST like 11 different threads from you in the past month ... "tell me what part I should get." It's fucking annoying and apparently I'm not the only one it bothers. Your distracting attention away from people who have threads where they seek legitimate help for their problems, pushing them down the page out of view, and your eating up bandwith with the same repeated posts that have been asked and answered time and time again.

This site was meant to be used a certain way. Not only is it a communications means for people to share questions and answers, but it also holds ALOT of information. You don't have to make a seperate thread for asking people to tell each individual part that you should buy for your car. Shit, it's rude to even waste peoples time doing so.

I was polite and curteous in my previous post, and respectfuly gave you advice TO HELP YOU OUT, but you had to go flexing your badass little baby nuts.

Quit being and attention whore, there is SO MUCH information on Honda-tech and Turbod16 and home made turbo about the same shit I see in your different posts everyday. Make it your own responsibility, take some innitiative and go looking. You might just learn some things you didn't know, such as how not to be an asshat.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I use glowshift also...they work great. If you get the black and purple metallic ones, they are much better than the ones that justr have a bunch of different colors.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
TAGs95CivicEX said:
that's 400 dollars worth of gauges. That's nuts.
and i think you just answered your own question anyways that sleeperhatch was tryin to tell you but instead you were a dick about it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm tooooooooooo lazy to read all of this text. OIL PSI GAUGE go mech. Then buy a braided stainless steel line for it! That way, no matter what happens, I doubt you'll mess it up. I"m running it, and it's great! As for boost, go digital. Less crap in the interior, and less wiring to deal with. I have also delt with electric boost gauge, it was great!

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well

BseriesKllR said:
and i think you just answered your own question anyways that sleeperhatch was tryin to tell you but instead you were a dick about it.
We talked that out on the PM's we just both lit each other's fuses, it's all good now.

-TAG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts