Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum, but I heard this was the best place to come for D series questions.

I've got a 1995 Del Sol S (D15) I've decided on going with a DOHC ZC motor to swap into it.

I know that manual is the only way to go. With that out of the way, I have to keep automatic, due to an injury. It will heal in time, and I'll be able to drive normal again, lol, but untill that point, I'm stuck with auto. Manual swap may be later, depending on if I feel the Automatic is good enough :p.

I can get the DOHC ZC Longblock from hmotorsonline.
Transmission is right outa the Sol, the auto D15.
Since i'm not sure of the ratios on the auto tranny, i'm not sure if it would be beneficial to look into a D16Z6 Autotranny or not, but the D15auto will do till further notice. From the reading i've done, this should be a fairly bolt on setup.

Question is, which ECU do I need to find for the auto setup, and are there any other parts i'm forgetting? Thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
You can get a good long block from hmotors that's where I got mine. It was clean as hell when I got it, but a buddy of mine has been triing to get one from their but they sell out so fast it's been hard to get one lately but maybe you'll have more luck!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that I think about it... was the DOHC ZC even ever offered WITH an automatic option? I'm starting to doubt it....

My best bet, might be going with a D16Z6 w/ Auto combination. Atleast I know I can get an ECU for that combination.

The DOHC zc would be ideal... but i've got no idea what to do about that ECU, lol.

Was the DOHC ZC ever offered as an automatic?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well hey, then I'm golden. Now i just need to find out what ECU to use with a DOHC ZC automatic.. and I suppose i should double check to make sure it'll work with my d15 tranny (i dont see why not though).

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
My friend's DOHC ZC came with a flexplate on it so that's proof of an auto tranny.
I sure that your auto tranny will bolt up fine. Good luck.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which ECU do you guys have? I just need to make sure I get the one that matches up with the automatic, thats all. Everything else should bolt up to the tranny just fine.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Scratch that, I thought about it a bit, and the regular ZC ecu wont work, since the motor is going into an OBD-1 car. If i'm right about that, I Need an OBD-1 Automatic ECU that will handle the DOHC ZC without much trouble...... oh my...

might be easier off just using the D16Z6 swap after all.. :neutral:

·
Registered
429 Posts
any ecu from an obd1 car with an auto tranny should work I think the one you would want is the po6 but I'm not possitive if you check honda swap you'll find the info you need...ohh and I stomped a d16z6 with my zc! go with the zc

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright. Thanks Volitech! That sounds perfect.

If thats the case, i've got my setup planned out.

DOHC ZC Motor
D16y8 Transmission and the ECU that mates with that.

I'll also look at the po6 ECU and see what thats from.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts