Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone i was wondering if the stock automatic tranny in my 97 civic cx hatch would hold up if i boost my d16y7? I am only going to go for 7 or 9 psi for now

·
Registered
nothing
1,447 Posts
nope thats dumb!...

put a fart can on it and call it a day!:3dtard:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking about swapping in a manual transmission. would that hold up any better than my automatic transmission?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
when are these motherfuckers gonna realize PSI is simply a measurement of pressure, and not turbo power?

We seriously need a questionare for registering to the site

#67 - how is a turbo represented powerwise? <PSI>
"wrong \\punches user//
"come again"

·
Registered
751 Posts
when are these motherfuckers gonna realize PSI is simply a measurement of pressure, and not turbo power?

We seriously need a questionare for registering to the site

#67 - how is a turbo represented powerwise? <PSI>
"wrong \\punches user//
"come again"
Because there's always someone that doesn't know shit about cars and they want to act like they know what they're talking about.

This happens all the time in real life. :3dtard:

·
Registered
123 Posts
instead of posting psi state your power goals. the automatic transmissions on civics arent really all that strong. there are a few people that have done it if you search around you will find them. but i think with reasonable power goals you should be ok i would say about 200 hp would max it out.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
instead of posting psi state your power goals. the automatic transmissions on civics arent really all that strong. there are a few people that have done it if you search around you will find them. but i think with reasonable power goals you should be ok i would say about 200 hp would max it out.

EEEHHHHNNNNNTTTTTTTT

honda autos are okay, they simply have a 1st-2nd flaw, else they are okay under 400whp

level10 makes kits, and 2 others I forget the name

but factory will survive if you are a competent driver

·
Registered
Honda?
207 Posts
To be honest, I didn't think the auto will even hold up to that much. I'm afraid of putting more than like an extra 20 hp on mine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
EEEHHHHNNNNNTTTTTTTT

honda autos are okay, they simply have a 1st-2nd flaw, else they are okay under 400whp

level10 makes kits, and 2 others I forget the name

but factory will survive if you are a competent driver
so in other words dont launch the car from a dead stop.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
so in other words dont launch the car from a dead stop.
You can launch hard, just dont peg the gas pedal to the floor until your moving through 2nd gear

you can also get a better torque converter and a better tranny cooler

colder tranny=happier tranny, within reason. too cold, shit breaks. too hot, shit breaks

lol

·
Registered
Civic
9 Posts
I got a D15B7 with an auto tranny, its got a good granny gear but the problem is that if your running any boost or just have some high hp numbers just to take off you have to be in 2nd because the first gear slipps after 175 foot pounds, dont know specifics as to why but thats what the honda guy told me when i first started having issues with mine

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
if it slips in 1st gear with 175ftq, its definitely gonna slip in other gears

its the torque converter slipping BTW, not the tranny

·
Registered
123 Posts
^ that is what i was going to say higher gears take more power to turn so if you are slipping early on say good bye to your higher gears.

·
Registered
'00' CR-V & '89' Si
35 Posts
Over all it is just going to be more headache than its worth IMO you might have some luck with it for awhile, but truth be told its going to be just like boosting a stock D-series, if you baby it it will hold, if you boost the shit out of it and try to get 300HP then your more likely then not going to run into problems. The manual tranny's just have the ability to hold more power for less money. But in the end its up to you.
Good luck with what ever you choose :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts