Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im new to the honda game..
i just bought a 1995 eg coupe..things in mint condition on the old si's.
but its automatic..i highly doubt anyone is gonna tell me to keep it but let me know people..keep it or let it go and take the hit and do a 5speed swap....
please let me know people..i will try and get pics up
-thankyou

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
99% of the time, youre going to want to go for the 5 speed

If you wanted to build the trans for an auto turbo drag car, that would be pretty cool and effective. But besides that, go manual.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,429 Posts
depends on your plans and usage for the car, I have three autotragics, no plans of swapping them either.

But the "fun car" the CRX HF with Si driveline is a 5 speed, so I do have something fun to drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im torn between it...but if i do build up my d16 planning on it hopefully...and i kept the auto id have to rip the tranns off and send it out for like race syncros and a few other things.so that it wouldnt go on me..now with a swap id need..a tranny and all linkages..master cylender...clutch and flywheel and then also a clutch cabel to be ran....bow thats all realativyly easy stuff to do...but were the hell do i put the clutch pedal?!

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
yea im torn between it...but if i do build up my d16 planning on it hopefully...and i kept the auto id have to rip the tranns off and send it out for like race syncros and a few other things.so that it wouldnt go on me..now with a swap id need..a tranny and all linkages..master cylender...clutch and flywheel and then also a clutch cabel to be ran....bow thats all realativyly easy stuff to do...but were the hell do i put the clutch pedal?!
you put it to the left of the brake..

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
fuck that....super jdm. put it on the right.

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
im so jdm i drive from the passanger seat.

·
Registered
117 Posts
im so jdm i drive from the passanger seat.
IQ

hilarious, I could never have a auto d series... 5 speed ftmfw. I am currently replacing my si 92 95 trans with a d16y8 s40 trans for the steel forks

·
Registered
801 Posts
keep it auto and join the...lets see...10 or so of us on here tuning on auto's for the lulz

if you build big on auto's though, reinforce it. There have been plenty of decent muscle/sports cars over the years on automatics...honda transmissions are not one of them without work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts