Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of set up is recommended for autocross/road course driving . I am only looking to get 200 to 220 hp I currently have a t25 dsm turbo on my del sol any recommendations from experience appreciated

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Either a greddy kit or the T25 you have.

HF manifold
T25 or 14b turbo.
440 dsm injectors & walbro 255.
front mount with associated piping and blow off valve
needed oil lines and what not

A tune, that is real, not a half ass basemap whipped together in 2 minutes.

Should get a stock d16 to around 200 wheel.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
HF/T25 is definitely a good responsive setup. my crx launches out of corners nicely. I see a steady 10psi by 3,000rpm till redline (7,500rpm).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Greddy kits are really difficult to come by nowadays. HF manifold plus adapter and something like a 13g off an auto DSM and the usual other stuff like small eBay intercooler, 450cc DSM injectors, chipped ecu, oil lines etc

·
Registered
370 Posts
Either a greddy kit or the T25 you have.

HF manifold
T25 or 14b turbo.
440 dsm injectors & walbro 255.
front mount with associated piping and blow off valve
needed oil lines and what not

A tune, that is real, not a half ass basemap whipped together in 2 minutes.

Should get a stock d16 to around 200 wheel.
I've been able to do that on a Crx DX with a stock fuel pump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greddy kits are really difficult to come by nowadays. HF manifold plus adapter and something like a 13g off an auto DSM and the usual other stuff like small eBay intercooler, 450cc DSM injectors, chipped ecu, oil lines etc
Yah I didn't consider that. I just sold my old one. So what you listed here would probably be his best bet.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I've been able to do that on a Crx DX with a stock fuel pump.
Stock CRX fuel pump only puts out ~90LPH (1500cc/min) @ 50psi. I'd recommend installing a higher flowing pump. If anything, just to replace a 20+ year old pump.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That dilysi car is exactly the type of set up I want engine wise . I currently have a stock block with arp, head studs and a dsm t25 , fuel injector clinic 550 cc fmic and 2.5 exhaust ..I'm looking to build a more permanent reliable motor very similar to dilysi motor that I can beat on a little .although my stock block had been good at 5 psi on crome pro

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
a T25, a nice cam, a header style manifold instead of the bullshit HF manifold/adapter, and good supporting stuff like a tune and solid fuel system are all you need to hit 200whp

You do not need a bigger turbo. You might like the 13b from the auto DSMs. but I think the T25 is plenty. Not enough to rip the tires loose all the time, but still peppy enough to get you through the gears

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As far as tuning goes I'm using crome for now but I'm buying a demon rtp board and I'm going to use that with crome pro I also have xd16 kit that I heard works with crome pro and demon rtp board

·
Registered
88 hatch
789 Posts
a T25, a nice cam, a header style manifold instead of the bullshit HF manifold/adapter, and good supporting stuff like a tune and solid fuel system are all you need to hit 200whp

You do not need a bigger turbo. You might like the 13b from the auto DSMs. but I think the T25 is plenty. Not enough to rip the tires loose all the time, but still peppy enough to get you through the gears
The only thing about going to a tubular manifold is it increases spool time. Idk by how much but for auto x I would think you would want it to come in as soon as possible. To me auto x is all about mid range power with decent bottom grunt and top pull.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
heat wrap, reflect-a-gold heat tape, turbo blanket, heat shields, air dams, good radiator, shroud and quality fan(aka not ebay) need to be on your list, and high up on the priority list. plan on spending a good chunk of change here

turbo and road racing are a bitter sweet combo. turbos pump out heat, one of the biggest issues with road racing is heat. have you maxed out the vehicles potential with the n/a sohc?

they can be a very good engine for both road racing and autoX...

also you know a turbo will bump you up into very hard classing. 200whp will get smashed and you wont be very class compedative in the class you get bumped into. just food for thought

·
Registered
1990 civic, 1991 CRX
181 Posts
heat wrap, reflect-a-gold heat tape, turbo blanket, heat shields, air dams, good radiator, shroud and quality fan(aka not ebay) need to be on your list, and high up on the priority list. plan on spending a good chunk of change here

turbo and road racing are a bitter sweet combo. turbos pump out heat, one of the biggest issues with road racing is heat. have you maxed out the vehicles potential with the n/a sohc?

they can be a very good engine for both road racing and autoX...

also you know a turbo will bump you up into very hard classing. 200whp will get smashed and you wont be very class compedative in the class you get bumped into. just food for thought
Snot rocket with it's T25 and ~200 HP didn't get "smashed" on the west course at nats... matched my best time(with a cone)

On reflecta-gold and other wraps... not really needed if proper shrouding and venting are done.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Why pay for a demon board and stick with crome pro. Fork out a little and grab up Neptune or Hondata, both are superior products to crome even at its greatest.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts