formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic
582 Posts
ways to attack the slalom was hilarious... good video tho. wish there was something like that in my area...

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I really want to try some road courses but I can't afford them and auto-x just doesn't wet my whistle.

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
thats bad ass....but......i like my tires to much and dont have money to be buying new sets....mabe someday

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Hmmm looks kinda boring. How the hell are you supposed to know where to go? Watching that in-car view it looked almost random and such a small coarse barely out of 2nd gear.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
^^ i know right. I liked the part on the cones magically come out of the trailor....they fell out. lol

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i used to be the one that talked shit about autocross etc.... but don't knock it till you try it. i plan on doing it a full season hopefully next year. should keep me busy until boti,idrc etc start back up again next year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That seems like it might be fun to do once. But i agree with the majority i wanna drive in more than 1st and 2nd gear. Road course deffantly looks fun. Ironically enough i live there that video was taken place. Im not knockin it, if thats your thing have a blast.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That seems like it might be fun to do once. But i agree with the majority i wanna drive in more than 1st and 2nd gear. Road course deffantly looks fun. Ironically enough i live there that video was taken place. Im not knockin it, if thats your thing have a blast.

trust me i prefer the road course also but being a n00b to making turns i feel autox can build my skills towards the road course.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
no, its more fun than you guys think it is. for my vsp driving training, we basically do the same thing...except we make a crown vic do things you never thought was possible, or at least i can. :)

I've been to a few auto-x and road course events around my area and its def a ton of fun. If you dont have access to local road courses then auto-x is for you.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no, its more fun than you guys think it is. for my vsp driving training, we basically do the same thing...except we make a crown vic do things you never thought was possible, or at least i can. :)

I've been to a few auto-x and road course events around my area and its def a ton of fun. If you dont have access to local road courses then auto-x is for you.
i have access to road course i have willow springs and buttonwillow near by. autox is cheaper and i feel i should start with that first. just for fun to learn something else that going straight.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
i have access to road course i have willow springs and buttonwillow near by. autox is cheaper and i feel i should start with that first. just for fun to learn something else that going straight.
...i hate you. :yes: I have to drive like 4 hours to get to VIR. I wanna drive on Laguna Seca before i die. lol I LOVE the way that track is laid out.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...i hate you. :yes: I have to drive like 4 hours to get to VIR. I wanna drive on Laguna Seca before i die. lol I LOVE the way that track is laid out.
laguna seca is on my things to do before i die list as well lol.

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
Hmmm looks kinda boring. How the hell are you supposed to know where to go? Watching that in-car view it looked almost random and such a small coarse barely out of 2nd gear.
Yea it looks a bit confusing. I think once your there in the driver seat its a little more clear on where to go. And Im sure walking the track a few times helps.

My house in FL is about an hour north of Sebring. I still havent gotten to make it on that yet. I never really had a car worthy yet. But I agree I think autox is a great starting point for people that want to do road course. It teaches basic car control and gets you some seat time.

laguna seca is on my things to do before i die list as well lol.
I want to drive on a bunch of tracks. I want to be like a forza game and just hop from track to track. lol

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Greasy, you REALLY need to hook up with the OG Hybrid folks if you want try the willows. I have some CLASSIC video from people like Katman and such when they were "newbs" doing driving schools.

Today, I just found out I have the PERFECT autox tranny, well it could use a GearX first gear :)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts

·
Well?
10,814 Posts

o i've made a crown vic do things you dont wanna think about. Like a 95ft burn out, Seriously high speed turns and various other things.

Id give it a whirl once but id much rather road course it. Dragging just gives me a certai nrush when your sitting at the tree though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts