Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I received a auto y8 mani today. Question is. Can I use the IACV on the TB? Seams all I need to do is just get the plug for the IACV and hook it up.

Next is the dang air injection stuff. The head is y8 also, and has the same air injection set up. Now can I plug the little injection holes off, and cap off the nipple. Then run like a normal z6/b7 ect ect intake gasket?

Also is it possiable to mod the obd2 plugs or obd1 injector plugs to fit each other? i have obd1 injector clips and these obd2 injectors

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Assuming this is for the d-fam build, wats the ultimate end result of the build? U hav to convert your 3 wire to 2 wire If you planing to use the y8 head. Just did a smilar auto mani swap yesterday with success, not too sure about the injection plug though, maybe my y8 head is frm a auto.

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes you are correct. Its for the D fam build. I just want the car running its not gonna be a track slut or anything.

Now correct me if im wrong. My hatch is a 3 wire iacv, and i see 3 prongs in the iacv on the y8 iacv on the tb.

Edit: i just check my wiring and its 2 wire like u said lol

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
the auto y8 intake mani i got has the spot to mount the IACV but they are not drilled. i am going to try to drill it and tap it. or maybe just drill two holes and stick some fittings in it and do a remote IACV

for the low ball build, we JB welded the air injection ports closed

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the auto y8 intake mani i got has the spot to mount the IACV but they are not drilled. i am going to try to drill it and tap it. or maybe just drill two holes and stick some fittings in it and do a remote IACV

for the low ball build, we JB welded the air injection ports closed
Ok. Ya i see the spot for it. I see one hole already. ( see pic) Ok now if i just put some fitting in there and went the remote route. What do i do about the back of the iacv? where its all open at?
Im confused lol sorry

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
u could buy a re-made plate if u can find one.

i am going to just make one from scratch.

if u find a place to buy the plate let me know. :)

in the end i bet it would be easier to just drill the manifold for mounting bolts and tap it

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Sleep, manual y8 im and be plug and play. Or ofcourse get a manual Iacv and do tap n die like what your already planing. Rember u will need a manual IACV now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts