Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a y7 cam gear and I was looking for an a6 cam for my 1.5 but now im reading the auto and manual camshafts are different. I have an auto. Would an si camshaft work in my auto? I know si was only manual. Would it run ok? Any info on this? Thanks for the hell!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
First gen JDM B16's are the only motor that I know of that had different cams for auto and manual cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ok, that's actually what I read about but I wasn't entirely sure. Just didn't want to buy something that wouldn't work. thanks!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some manufacturers use less aggressive cams on autos. I know it is the case for the d17. My original d17a2 which came manual has a slightly more aggressive cam than the originally auto jdm d17a i swapped in

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
A legit question indeed, that I answer "Why cam an automatic?"...I mean, if you care (at all) about hp, then you would care how much of it you're losing through the constantly slipping auto trans, right? I say big boy upgrade to a 5 speed before all other "mods".

And for the record, this is only one asshole's opinion....

·
Registered
91 CRX DX
226 Posts
A legit question indeed, that I answer "Why cam an automatic?"...I mean, if you care (at all) about hp, then you would care how much of it you're losing through the constantly slipping auto trans, right? I say big boy upgrade to a 5 speed before all other "mods".

And for the record, this is only one asshole's opinion....

I second ^ that asshole's opinion lol
5 speed conversion then mods

1 - 10 of 10 Posts