Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know u all hate autos but we are stuck with one and it likes to vibrate at about 30-40 mph. it isnt the half shafts they have been replaced. i am thinking the trans might needs flushed out or something. neideas u guys got besides swappin to a manual (my girls car she cant drive stick) let me know

S

·
0 Posts
r u sure its the trans, could be a bent rim, out of alignment, or even an axle very slightly bent. does it get worse when u speed up... more info mang lol. does it come and go, only if in a certain gear?

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope new axles, done it with 2 different sets of rims, alignments fucked but it has done it before i messed up the alignment, and goes away when u speed up. its only in the 30-40 range most of the time its about 33-36 mph. like when u r driving in a 35 zone it pisses u off haha. its done it since i got the car i just ignored it but its really starting to bug me. plus i am starting to try to put some power into it. i just wanna make sure the trans dont die on me.

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh ya i forgot this isnt honda-tech haha i didnt know how many ppl here had autos. its kinda nice actually seeing some ppl with them

·
Registered
545 Posts
I really find it hard to be the tranny at fault here. Since you say it's not wheels/tires nor axle shafts, it's probably something with the engine. When's the last time you changed out the plugs/wires?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Cuong-Nutz said:
I really find it hard to be the tranny at fault here. Since you say it's not wheels/tires nor axle shafts, it's probably something with the engine. When's the last time you changed out the plugs/wires?
:werd: i've got an auto... and with my old engine... it used to do the exact same thing- i thought my tranny was goin... so i changed the oil and tranny fluid and it stopped doin it- but only for a few days... and then it started doing it again... and about a month later i threw a rod...

when i finished up my turbo build and drove it- there was no vibration at all... of course now my engine is melted- but ya know..

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmm that alwayz sounds good. alwayz wanted a new motor haha. oh well ima flush the trans and some other stuff next weekend since its time for a new water pump and timing belt and see if that helps. if not d15b here we come hehe

·
Registered
287 Posts
Vibration

If you want a D15B, I have one in my garage that i got when I bought a bunch of other stuff. Let me know if you want it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts