Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this swap more and more as the days roll by with my engine and tranny still not installed in the car yet.

What I want to know for sure is do I need the special tranny mount?

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
well I have a 96 ex and there are at least 3 that I needed to get, I wish I could tell u more, the best bet u have is to just go down to a honda dealer and take a look at one of the blueprints of the car on the computer and see from there.....

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like the only mount I need is the passenger side tranny mount. I can either drill out the old body mount and weld in the manual body mount or I can just buy the auto-manual tranny mount from placeracing.com or jdmshit.com.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so did you use the aftermarket tranny mount for the passenger side? Can you reuse the torque mount fron the auto tranny on the manual?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also found out that you will need to use the manual tranny mount that is forward of the tranny that attaches under the body. You can't reuse the auto tranny mount.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Cuong-Nutz said:
Also found out that you will need to use the manual tranny mount that is forward of the tranny that attaches under the body. You can't reuse the auto tranny mount.
you are correct sir, if I remeber correctly, I prolly spent onwards of 220 bucks on special order mounts alone!!! :-?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm getting me a z6 tranny with 87k miles on it with most of the stuff for the swap for 80 bucks, but everything is sure adding up. I'm going to be reusing my auto tranny until it poops out. I'm already down like 800 dollars with parts for the auto tranny and motor minus mounts.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I know man, I know how it is, I spent like 350-400 on labor as well, its worth it tho, just keep saying that yourself..... trust me!!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Yeah, a trans swap is pretty easy. I had never done anything with cars when I started school in the fall of '02. I did a trans swap fall of '04 and just finished an engine swap a few weeks ago at school. Granted, I had full-sized lifts but it wouldn't be much harder with the car on the ground.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts