Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey first off if I'm not supposed to be asking for parts on here or anything please don't be mad I wont do it again but I really don't know the rules im still new :pinch:

Anyway! I have an OBD2 d16y7 that I wanna swap to OBD1 Manual and I need parts.

I have been trying to get ahold of a good transmission and the other parts (starter, flywheel, clutch, etc.) but around here they're all WAY expensive and I am on a super limited budget since I'm still in highschool.

I live in columbus and I wanted to get this done so I can tune my turbo for the Nashville meet in July, if you have anything you wanna get rid of for a pretty low price ( or even free would be awesome :bigok: ) please let me know!!!

Also any tips on little things I should watch out for/ remember for the swap would be cool, Thanks peeps!

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
your not the sharpest spoon in the drawer now are you?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
reading owns you.

not knowing the rules doesn't spare you.

especially when they exist.

besides that, welcome to the d.

·
Registered
BMX bike
2,938 Posts
more like writing owns him. I don't even understand how that happens, I mean he himself typed the words. ?

·
Registered
667 Posts
do you have a job? lol. save save save save + read rules = done

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay my bad, I just saw the iTrade thing but couldn't figure out if that would let me buy stuff or not my bad : /

And yeah I have a job I have a steady income Im just doing this car as a budget build Trying to turbo and manual swap for under 1k and The turbo hit under 500 so now Im tryin to do the same with the transmission.

Sorry for buggin you guys just askin for some help thats all : )

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
ok, I will be nice and help you out here since I just did an auto to manual swap.

Best option is to find a car in a junk yard that you can pull parts off of. You are going to need all the hard lines that mount on the firewall and passenger unibody rail, the clutch master and slave cylinder, the full pedal assembly, the transmission, flywheel, starter, shift linkage, shifter, shift boot, knob, misc brackets and bolts. The best bet is to try to find a donor car that someone wrecked that you can pull all the part off of yourself. That way you can also see how everything goes back together. I would suggest pulling the motor for the swap. Also removing your dashboard is going to make life a whole lot easier while hanging pedal assemble. As far as wiring goes, I have the wiring schematic down for hooking it up correctly. I highly suggest that you do not "just connect the 2 thick black wires together" like most people will tell you to do. You want to wire in a relay. Connecting those 2 wires together is a big no no as there is a lot of current that goes through them and you are likely to start your car on fire if something goes wrong.

It is not a project I would suggest for someone new to this stuff or someone with limited knowledge on wrenching.

·
Registered
98 ex
327 Posts
I have 2 d16y8 transmissions where are u located? pm me

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
@ Levi - Thank you for the info, I know what I'm doin ( even if i seem completely retarded)
I've done a ton of research already on this and I have a parts list and a couple writeups but my dillema is actually FINDING the parts, but again I appreciate your help : )

And just so ya know I got some wrench time on my car and a few others, I just haven't done any actual tranny work myself, but I guess you gotta start somewhere

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Best bet is local junkyards and parts stores.

Clutch master ~$35
Clutch Slave ~$17
Brake line to make clutch hard line ~$10
Those are all new

Rubber line, no more than $10 at a parts yard
Pedal assem. $25ish
Shift linkage $20ish
From a parts yard

EJ chassis were blessed in the fact all they have to do is swap to a manual trans mount unlike the 92-95 where you have to remove and weld in a new frame mount or shell out $120 for a swap mount

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay sweet, as soon as it warms/ drys up some here I'll be hittin up pick-n-pull (its like the only yard around here) and try to find those parts. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i did a auto to manual swap on my sedan for under a 100 bucks with stage 2 cluch from cluchmasters B000 s20 trans all legit.. pretty much just save and wait for good deals look everywere. if theres junk yards they should have half price days and stuff but other than that good luck man

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
I have 2 d16y8 transmissions where are u located? pm me
to repusnam55...your not allowed to sell things till 65 posts either. sorry man.

since people have decided to help i might as well jump on board. just in case you dont know....when you go to take out the tranny....your prob gonna pull one bolt out of the starter and do what i did..."This thing isnt long enough to go into the block so how is the tranny still on?" ....well....the other starter bolt is wayyyy longer.

Good luck man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts