Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally about to cross over in to the manual transmission world!!! heidi has been out of commision for a while due to someone who deserves a darwin award for putting 10w 40 oil in my auto tranny, so it took a dump, but it gave me the excuse to take vacation from work to go ahead and do some transmission work!!!!! can't wait.

:skull:

:3some:

·
0 Posts
go 4 it!!!!

have fun ain't gona b easy but sure will b fun!!!! are u doing the swap urself?

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's not as hard as everyone thinks it is. I'm in the process of doing one right now. It's actually easier than anything you read. The hardest thing...the pedals! They are a pain in the arse. Hit me up if you have questions. BTW - my swap is a Z6 manual into an auto DX hatch. (92-95) Hit me if you need...

·
Registered
956 Posts
well, let ^^^^ they said. I've done it too. I have a dx coupe and swap in a z6 and converted it to a manual. I went through alot of problems and at the end, I solve them all so if you got any problems, let me know.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have done transmission work on a dodge truck and that was a pita, i think this should not be too hard, but yeah, i can already see the pedal problems.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
five days left before i start my vacation to go ahead and do the tranny swap, am glad now though that i found a manual ecu from civtec on here so i don't have to convert the ecu.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, finished the swap with a few minor setbacks but runs absolutely freakin beautiful makes me tear up at how lovely it is to just shift so effortlessly!!

splurged a little and got a skunk 2 shift knob and had a friend of mine reprogram my ecu for free!!! how lucky am I???? and i must say the new 32 mpg is definately not hurting me too much hehehehe

pics to come soon!!!! have to transfer them from the digi cam.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a 95 ex sedan

and i actually had a friend of mine fabricate a conversion mount like what hasport and place racing makes. turned out really sweet. still have not had a chance to download the pics of the digi. will post tomorrow before i go to work.

good luck if you do, once you get past the pedals, the rest is downhill :)

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Godo Luck dude,

I had a dude who knew his stuff and we did the swap in about 5 hours, a little less actually as we did a motor service at the same time.

It's pretty straight forward, I kept in the pedals, and just cut the brake pedal with a angle grinder and fitted the clutch pedal with the clutch master on it's own...........worked a treat....

1992- Civic Eg8Mx....

·
Registered
34 Posts
:)
civic2thaflo said:
well, finished the swap with a few minor setbacks but runs absolutely freakin beautiful makes me tear up at how lovely it is to just shift so effortlessly!!

splurged a little and got a skunk 2 shift knob and had a friend of mine reprogram my ecu for free!!! how lucky am I???? and i must say the new 32 mpg is definately not hurting me too much hehehehe

pics to come soon!!!! have to transfer them from the digi cam.
Hey dude do not forguet the pics!!!

I saw that how to but have no further explanations rather than electric:
http://www.brokenlimits.com/howto/howtoautomanual/howtoautomanual.htm

I wish to know what i need to buy and make my own swap!!!
An of course waht i need to do at the mechanis!!!!
Basically i wanna know how to do whole swap.....
If any one have patience please explane to me...
Thanks!!!!:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts