Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I鈥檓 having trouble tracking down parts, the shift linkage is the hardest one to find so far. All I鈥檝e come across is swap linkage or B or K. Rock auto, eBay and local part stores 馃槕

Can anyone point me in the right direction?!

I found the long braided clutch hydraulic line, the replacement engine has the trans bolted to it so I need mounts, linkage, shifter, shifter boot and a manual ecu.

Registered
With no car/chassis being listed, and what engine/transmission setup being listed, help is miles away.

Post what you are working with, and I bet we can get the ball rolling again

Registered
Without any information as mattliston stated above my best advice for you is.

If the manual car has it and the auto car doesn't you probably need it.
Mounts, linkage, pedals, shifter, lines or cables, ecu, the list goes on.

Registered
Then its easy for you. follow any of the numerous EG or EK manual conversion guides.

The most commonly forgotten part is the blueor gray box that is in the steering coloumn area. you need to unplug it, and also open it up and remove the solenoid metal bushing/pin that locks you out from starting the car when the shifter is not in neutral or park.

You will want to find a junkyard with a manual car. That way you can grab the bolts, clutch reservoir, and mounting bracket for the clutch line.

OR you can go half OEM, and half aftermarket.

Aftermarket clutch braided hoses, Exedy branded master and slave cylinders, clutch, and a luke or similar cheap flywheel (they are all balanced if you buy from partsstore or rockauto, ebay beware).

Do NOT follow any of the guides that say to cut your auto brake pedal down to reuse. USE A MANUAL BRAKE PEDAL. You have been warned/guided.

The other part that is left up to you is dealing with the shifter mounting.

I find that simple thin aluminum or steel plate bent over the floor tunnel with a hammer works great to seal out the exhaust noise/air hole.

Use rivets or a heavy duty silicone adhesive to mount it.

Pictures, pictures, PICTURES!! look at as many as possible.

The manual conversion is only worthwhile if you can get everything done for under $1000 or less. You may think that is a lot, but parts add up. Good clutch kit is $150-250 depending on brand, and if you decide to clean up a used oem flywheel.

clutch master/slave kit is usually around 60-100 bucks. clutch lines are big range for price if you go to a junkyard or new. braided cable solves this though.

pedals, shifter linkage, shifter linkage BUSHINGS, and brackets can be tough to find in good usable condition.

Ebay and honda forums for parts (honda-tech has a lot of activity for parts) are your best friends here.

Good luck! You will like the conversion.

Registered
What I did the last time I did an Auto to Manual was connected with a junk yard and they put together a package deal for me. I reviewed the parts list, which was spot on and they shipped it all to me.
This made the swap very straight forward.

I see you have a lot of the parts already but I would still check Craigslist and Facebook marketplace in your area for a dirty cheap Civic. I see sub $500 Civics constantly up here, some as cheap as $200 for a complete car that runs (usually not well but runs regardless). You may find it easier to simply source an entire car to pull all your parts from rather than try and piece it all together from like used ads and eBay. May even cost the same or less for an entire car.

I don't know how the hell I rememberd the company but here's who I went through back in the day: https://www.facebook.com/ImportAutoSalvage828/

i did the conversion on a '95 Del Sol so there will be a few differences but they are close and honestly a very easy swap when compared to some cars.

This is also a great time for some upgrades.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Found a cheap 5spd car for $200 with a hurt engine. Picked it up this morning and I鈥檓 going to get all the 5spd parts and engine and sell everything else that I can and scrap the shell.

Registered
what year and trim?

I might need some parts unrelated to your manual conversion

Registered
Found a cheap 5spd car for $200 with a hurt engine. Picked it up this morning and I鈥檓 going to get all the 5spd parts and engine and sell everything else that I can and scrap the shell.
usually the best way to get it done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts