Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. Things don't seem to be going as well as intended with my auto to 5spd conversion and I thought I'd ask all you guys before I go and do a bunch of fab work if I don't have to. I've done 3 auto to 5 spd conversions and I don't remember having the problem that I'm having.

As of right now I got the auto out and the 5spd and new clutch/flywheel in. I also soldered together the wires that need soldered and replaced the pedals, added the reservoir and cylinder and bled the clutch, remove the automatic shifter and cut out the hump and then I go to bolt in the shift linkage stabilizer bar and there is nothing to bolt up to. There are holes but none of them line up. And I don't remember ever drilling and tapping holes for the shifter to mount to.

The easiest way is to just do like I said, drill and tap a new hole or I can find a wider rubber bushing (even though I'm 99% sure that the one I have is the only size lol.

All in all it's not to big of a deal. I just noticed it when I was about to head home and thought I might as well post it up and see if I'm crazy or if I possibly have the wrong part.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I posted that I remembered drilling holes in the last auto to 5 spd conversion. Or at least I think I did. I'll just check it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
588 Posts
cuz hes a noob, if you are talking about the rear stabilizer bushing on the rear of the shifter, then just mark it and drill it. i have 2 long bolts from the inside of the car dropping down. i would post pics but the car is covered in snow.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
this is how i did it.

so just man up and drill those holes already!

I'm fixing mine this summer just like this. I don't know why no one has ever posted it in the millions of auto to man DIY's. Just cut the hump out of a 5spd car and glue/rivet/weld it into the auto car and BAM perfect 5spd conversion.

·
Premium Member
theft repo sol
356 Posts
yeah im working on an extensive auto - 5 speed DIY now. ive done it so many different ways though and my most recent is my favorite.
rep to you sir for noticing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts