Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I picked up (was given) a 94 Sedan a couple months back. It's been sitting in my garage getting worked on here and there. First real "project" car - the rest have all been DD's.

I've finished just about everything for the Auto -> Manual conversion. All the pedals are set, and the clutch hardline is run. I am planning on using an Innovative conversion mount when I do the engine swap later this month.

However, on the pass. side frame rail, the auto bracket is different than the manual one is. It sits a little higher and a little farther back. The hardline has two different brackets that bolt to the frame rail. With the auto mount, it's impossible to bolt up the rear bracket.

I'm wondering what I should do. the things I'm thinking of are...

A. Notch the auto transmission mount bracket for clearance.
B. Bend a new clutch hardline that routes differently.
C. Discard the rear bracket, only use the front one. Use rubber tubing around clutch line and mount bracket.

A seems a little worrisome. The mount wouldn't have to be notched much, but I'm worried that *any* cutting of the mount would significantly weaken it. I'd hate to have an engine fall out.

Bending hardlines doesn't seem like any fun either. And I'd be worried about damage to the existing hardline if I left it sitting on the mount.

Best picture I have right now, I can take better ones when I get home.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sigh, owned by reading?

I'm already getting the auto-> manual mount. I already have the hardline installed in the car. It just hits the automatic bracket because the bracket is different.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yeah, i read that part. from what i have seen the hasport mount is better for this conversion. it places the trans in a better location and more like stock. never heard of issues with lines when using that mount.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weird, maybe I routed it wrong. I'll have to double check it. The line is interfering the the bracket that's welded to the frame, not the actual mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts