Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did a y8 swap. The y8 and came with the harness and ecu. I used my manual trans from my y7 and put the y8 in with the auto harness and ecu. The car runs fine but throws a code for lock up control and I don’t have reverse lights. If I get a manual y8 ecu will that solve those issues or do I need to get a whole y8 manual harness as well?

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
For sure, easiest way is entire Y8 engine harness and ecu. But good clean harnesses are hard to come by, unless you want to eventually go OBD1 conversion and turbo or soemthing, I have a custom harness.

But I recommend regardless of what you choose, yank the engine harness back off, and inspect where it would normally run underneath the intake manifold. They have a common issue of rubbing and causing random electrical gremlins, and can eventually lead you to pull your hair out wondering why your car hates you. It will wait til the coldest day, or the heaviest downpour of rain to show up as well lol

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
8 Posts
Manual ecu to get rid of lock up code and run 2 wires from stock auto shifter to your reverse switch on manual tranny just did the swap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts