Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought it was weird that my manual coupe came with the bigger auto shoes. anyone know why?

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
I thought there were only 2 sizes, teh CX/VX tiny tim editions, then the rest of the rear drum civics all matched up.

did not look up parts to verify.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought there were only 2 sizes, teh CX/VX tiny tim editions, then the rest of the rear drum civics all matched up.

did not look up parts to verify.
i went to autozone and originally bought the “manual” shoes but when i got back to the car my shoes were bigger, and when i brought them back the guy said “we only have 2 for the car man auto or manual”, and the auto ones were the same size oddly enough

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
LX Auto 4dr, EX all, except ABS with rear disc.

"1500 4 dr A/T and 1600 model" as it reads on page 3-12 of the FSM .pdf under Standard and Service Limits

·
Registered
971 Posts
This is what I always hated working as a parts guy someone would call in with a civic and ask for brake parts and would have all the information ready year, make, model, and engine but no one ever seems to know their trim level. I would have to send them out to their car to verify so I didn't have to see them again made that the brakes wouldn't fit. Had an older guy get mad and tell me all brakes for civics of the same years were identical and just to give him a set well I did and about 4 hours later he returned and apologized.

·
Super Moderator
3,937 Posts
I always loved asking for the ex LARGER OF THE 2, and being given dx. then you go back to exchange them, and they give you another set of the same thing. learned early on to measure them in store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts