Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... for those who know:

If I bu a stock LSD auto trans, will I be able to use the LSD unit (basically differential if it is the only or simplest way) in my S20 Manual JDM ZC trans?

I can get a auto-lsd trans for about $200... and it would be good insentive to strip down my trans to replace the seals, bearings and shift forks to have basically a new trans with the LSD. I dont plan on doing any drag racing, I just want something that will be good for my drives through the hills and running around town =)

·
Registered
369 Posts
thats sick. auto lsd. damn i need to get me one of those. whats the name of the tranny, the years it can be found in, and the car as well. thats cool to think about lsd auto.. something new to me

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do a search on Ebay for D15B LSD... theres one there.... I got a local one I could buy though.

I just am not sure about differential parts compatibility with M/T's.

·
Registered
256 Posts
They came as optional equipment here in Japan on the Civic Vti's. My EG4 doesn't have it.. Though I'am not sure if it was available on the EK/EJ Civic VTi's but I'am willing to bet that it was available for them. Regardless with the right ECU the trans should bolt up to any D with minimal trouble. As far as putting auto trans parts in a man. trans.. Hmm... I dont think that will work. Its my understanding that the LSD was an option for both style of tranny's, but dont quote me on that. I guy I work with used to work for a Honda Dealership and also has some friends over at Mugen and Honda TwinCam Works( aka FEELS). He knows a lot about Honda's I could ask him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts