Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
bermanator said:
well at least its a relatively simple piece like a turbo timer it's probably pretty hard to fuck one up to the point that it could hurt the car.
you're an idiot

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Honda4VW said:
Until you get shitty internal capacitors and the such, that overheat and start a small fire in your car

No biggie though right?
^^^did you not read this?

bermanator said:
no im just saying its not like its a shitty FPR or Turbo or something that could really do damage to your motor. relax.
you don't think the risk of your car burning up from the inside out due to shitty capacitors and faulty electronics to be serious damage? My previous comment stands.
vtecduck said:
you're an idiot

·
allwheeldriveturboboxer
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
bermanator said:
no im just saying its not like its a shitty FPR or Turbo or something that could really do damage to your motor. relax.
it can tho, it could not shut off you car like is it supposed to, or...it could indeed overheat and cause a car fire. this particular knock-off is of EXTREMELY poor quality.

agreed that knock-off fpr and associated engine hard parts can be detrimental to the car or one's life, but don't overlook knock-off electronics and their inherent dangers ; )

anyway, keep your eyes peeled for this one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
geesus! i just read this and realized that one of my friends w/a DSM may have one on his car. the previous owner installed it and i remeber that the functions w/ the ebrake and the A/F dont' work well or at least i know the A/F doesn't work at all. i'll have to check it out and measure it up.

deffinately a good read!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts