Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
The issue happened four months ago, but wait until you get the email from each forum, with temp. password from AG/VS before resetting.

now about those 40,000 members accounts lying in dormant....

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
For those following, even if you change your password now, you will still have to use the new password sent to you in email to get back in, THEN you can change it to something you remember.

Those with multiple accounts on YellowBullet.com, BAHAHAHA!!!

Helena and AG Jeff, you have your work cut out!

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
damn ive been using the same password ever since i created my account in 2005

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
For those following, even if you change your password now, you will still have to use the new password sent to you in email to get back in, THEN you can change it to something you remember.
DAMNIT! I just changed mine last night and was pain in the ass trying to remember what I already changed it to. fml

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell me a bit about how the world changed when electricity was invented. Did it really alter your every day life or not so much?
Yes it did. I don't remember a time where I didn't have a cell phone.... maybe elementary school.
But once you have the internet, it's hard to go back. You should be getting an email from us with a request to change your password.

Lee

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
Must contain lowercase, uppercase, symbol, numbers, AND be 10 chars long? Lol, not even my banking PW is this strong. You do realize that by requiring *every* bit of complexity, you actually reduce the permutations needed? Requiring any 3 of the 4 means a LOT more possibilities.

Also, you increase the need for password resets exponentially - which itself increases user rage exponentially (quarted). That, or passwords become long versions of "password1".

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Also, just found out you cannot change the email address associated with the account without also changing the password.

This is after I have logged in with the site generated password and created a new user created password.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I'm using Bone's Sig as my password. Upper case, lower case, symbols n shet..

I've had my password for years! :pinch:
Who knew my password was RIGHT there in the open.

Just think, in 365 days we get to reset them on 8-10 forums again, and every year afterwards!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Ugghh!! I wasn't paying attention on the thread updates and kept trying to log in this morning. No wonder why i couldn't log in, then i saw this. Oh well, it is how it is i guess i screenshoted my new log in just in case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went to the page where it asks for new password, at least 10 characters, etc., entered a proper password but the "SAVE CHANGES" button will not activate. HELP!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts