Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 460 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
You wont notice it much on the low end, but in the mid and upper range the intake swap is definately a nice bump in power.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You wont notice it much on the low end, but in the mid and upper range the intake swap is definately a nice bump in power.
Okay, looks like y8 manifold swap and creating an intake has been added to my do-to list. Thanks!

Any other bits and pieces you guys would recommend? Haven't had any luck finding a dual-bend shifter yet. Just DA'a at my junkyard which don't seem to have many transferable parts. Need to find some 94+ Integras.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just finished typing a reply in NA, but I ran kinda long about what I did for airflow and was told I timed out, etc. I tried to log back in but got stuck in a loop.

Is there any way to recover that submission? There were some good points made by an olde motorhead, but I will not type that out again.

Rugger53

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Check your history and find the page, copy the test and paste it?

As far as building the y7, you can make good power with out adding the y8 head, which makes it a y8 engine technically, not really a mini me. The issue then comes to wiring.

If you swap the intake and turbo after an oem rebuild you can get a solid 200hp out of that daily.

If you wanna stay NA, get the intake on, swap to an ex trans and work on your suspension until you are ready for FI, or a swap to a different motor altogether.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just finished typing a reply in NA, but I ran kinda long about what I did for airflow and was told I timed out, etc. I tried to log back in but got stuck in a loop.

Is there any way to recover that submission? There were some good points made by an olde motorhead, but I will not type that out again.

Rugger53
Usually if you use your browser's "back" button it will return you to the page and recover the text. There are also some browser extensions that will save text, so you might want to try installing one of those to avoid something similar happening in the future.

·
Registered
0 Posts
So I'm just going to jump into the thread.

I have a 1992 civic with a d16z6 swapped into it.

The issue I am having is that when I am idling, My rpms are EXTREMELY low. It sits at the zero mark.

Things I have done to solve the issue:

FIRST: I tightened my fast idle valve finger tight (nothing crazy) and that solved the surging from 1000 to 1500 when I start but didn't solve the low idle.

SECOND: I have tried cleaning the IACV with brake cleaner and letting it sit for a little bit to dry and all that and now when it starts it rests at about at 500 rpm for maybe ten seconds and then drops back down to the zero mark. Like it wants to die but doesn't turn off.
(While I was letting it dry I also replaced the Intake Air Temp sensor)

So now when I start my car It will start at 500 - 700 rpm then idle back down to 0-100 rpm.

Any one of you guys having this problem?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Noob

I'm looking for a link. Keep breaking trannys. Like the gear selecters inside the trans and won't let me go into gear. I'm waiting on bov injectors ect for boost. Problem is now that I want a reliable d trans. Im on a d15 stock trans cause I blew my last ex trans. I want to build a ex trans possibly with lsd. Any input helps. Just need a trans to hold 300 hp. Not gunna be near that hp but just for an idea of what I want out of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Noob here..kind of...

A few years ago I joined under a username and email I have long since forgotten. I was (at the time) working on swapping a D16z6 into a 91 EF sedan. (and being laughed at in the process I might add.) It was a very successful build..until the suspension gave out going down the road.

Every now and again I have looked up tips, etc. on here but didn't join for a long time.

Three years has passed since then, and I have gained a lot more knowledge then I could have ever imagined...and I am now hooked. Since my last post, I have owned a 91 EF Sedan, an 86 Accord Sedan, a 95 GSR, 96 Accord Sedan, and now (finally) my 95 Civic EX Coupe with the stock z6.

I am working on getting a quick swap put into my car while I can rebuild my z6, also while working on the body. My poor baby was ragged out. In the meantime, we are working on my husbands y8 swap. (long story into that one) But low and behold here I am! Looking forward to being a part of the great community!! :fingersx:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, been lurking for a while, but I think it's time to introduce myself. I drive a 91 CRX, mostly stock A6 at the moment but am rebuilding a Z6 to take a bit of boost. Should give me some good power for autocross :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi everyone. I am ray and I am searching with no end results. I have a built d16y7 with a vj11 turbo. My question is? Has anyone used a vj11 to boost their d16? And if u have, any help on adapters for turbo to manifold? I have good turbo,intercooler with pipeing. And bov with 320cc injectors.thank yall for ur time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
auto to manual swap w/ y8 I/M idle issues

luker joining the ranks here. have a 2000 civic lx that is now my project. so, wanted to say hi, and start with my first question.

2000 honda civic auto to manual swap. everything is installed it starts up but is idling around 1500-2000 up and down up and down. here is what we know..
-d16y8 i/m with y7 tb for use with y7 IACV (the Y8 IACV is still attached, could this be the issue?)
-2000 d16y7 auto ecu (because i ordered the wrong obd2>obd1 harness)
-also as stated above you know i had to do a 3 to 2 wire IACV fix. so i went back and rewired it again to a 3 wire to work with the y7 tb until i get my new harness.
-I am pretty sure i have all vac lines connected, possible PCV valve but im pretty sure its good.

So any suggestions?
Is there a way to test my IACV plug to make sure its working?
Do i need to take the Y8 IACV off the back of the I/M and temporarily plug it up for the time being?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi everyone,

Typical long time lurker but I decided to finally join up with you guys. I prefer this place over H-T because everything here revolves around the civic.

AND thanks to @FarmerD for being straight up with me and the bonus toy car.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Newbs should start an intro thread with pics of the whip, better way for us to see and greet you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,
I am Brandon. Currently driving a 1998 civic LX automatic. Picked it up last month with 161k on the odo. Motor is healthy and quiet. All stock. Not perfect yet not the worse. Here to learn from everyone. Here is a photo of it the day I took it home. Took the door off to inspect the harness since the windows, lock, and speaker didn't work. Found out its common for 6th gen civic to have the wires coming loose from the connector, c556 plug..

All fixed up now, except I need a new window regulator for front passenger side. Then other small kinks needing to smooth out.

Next project, wanting to do y7 to y8 manifold.

Regards,
Brandon

P.s.
Can't post picture of the car since I don't have enough post count.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi

My name is Simon I think i finaly have the english skils to join this forum (Norwegans are known for bad english)

I have a 98 civic ej6 that was imported from the states back in 99, I bougth it back in 2013 and have since gone for the stanced look. it is my pride and joy and with little rust compared to the other ej6 around this area. Im working with Auto body repair (No idea what this is in english but i repair dents and damage to the body of vehicles)

Now i am working on a 92 eg6 D16Z6 turbo build and i think this is the rigth place to join now that i am on unfamiliar teretory.

I have become a little tired of the stance thing so now im going try doing some track days this summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hellllllp y8 in eg

Soo I have an eg hatch.. Just swapped a y8 in.. Can't get it to start.. I used the obd1 harness.. Wired the injectors...swapped internals from b7 dizzy into the y8 dizzy.. Wired the alternator and Still can't start it..anyone have a running y8 in eg?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Basically new here only made one post and I've been unactive for over a year but planning to learn my self with this here resource but need some guidance starting out. I've got a 98 ex coupe with a d16y8 that's bleeding pretty regularly and needs a replacement, my current plan is to buy a reman and just be done and then start a build with the engine I take out. My main question is where should I begin my look for a reliable place to get an engine offline? Besides ebay and the other obvious websites I'm just trying to get 6 or 7 different prices and then go from there. Plan to just replace it with another y8.

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Newb here currently working on a EG8 purchased as a shell planning on single cam turbo (D16a6 block Z6 head). First time turbo guy so looking for guidance and such.

441 - 460 of 462 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.