·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Administrator
6,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I'm new to d-series.org. I drive a 1995 Civic VX with 180K on the clock with stock motor/tranny and zero rust. I plan to swap for a d16z6 in a near future and possibly a vitara build.

Here's a pic of my car.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/Focer/My%20Hatch/IMG_8058.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:bigok:

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi, I'm new to d-series.org. I drive a 1995 Civic VX with 180K on the clock with stock motor/tranny and zero rust. I plan to swap for a d16z6 in a near future and possibly a vitara build.

Here's a pic of my car.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b73/Focer/My%20Hatch/IMG_8058.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

welcome to the Dseries Skittle, that cars nice and clean by the way. Vitara build huh? Plan to build Na or boost? OEM or Aftermarket?

For all noobs, this is the place to find automatic answers to old and answered questions for every noob who has discovered the power of building your D DIY style. Plenty of stickies and excellent posts on every kind of Dbuild imaginable. Already have knowledge? then add yours to the pot of wisdom and help other NOOb's put petal to the metal. Good luck guys and girls...

·
Registered
977 Posts
wat timing belt should i use on my mini me d16a6 block with y8 head?
probably dont need other than stock, In other words use the Y8's timing belt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
hey howmany posts needed to sell?

·
Registered
0 Posts
What's up everyone. I'm a noob to the site and hondas. Was a mitsu guy before. I am a mechanic or used to be lol. So I have some knowledge of cars but I'm completely new to Honda. I know nothing about the engines. I just got a 93 civic dx for $800. 230,000 on the dash but the timing was done and the engine runs so smooth. I don't know if I should get a new engine or build from this one. Only reason why I'm stuck is because of how good it runs. Would appreciate some opinions based on the mileage and how good it runs already. The guy who had it before me took very good care of it. So far everything is stock. I plan on doing the basics like intake and exhaust. Keep in mind this will be my daily driver for now though. Thnxs good site though found some good info about camgears and camshafts.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Here's a pic of my car.

So shinny! 10points!

·
Registered
30 Posts
d16z6 or d16y8 turbo

going all out on a d series did a fully built B and sold now want to do a D got a full speed factory turbo kit and deciding what motor to do any ideas? piston and rods will be installed block guard to, going to do a cam and the head to mite do my own porting..and run the bisimoto springs. :) just do not know witch motor is better to do car? shell is a 95 coupe.... thanks everyone...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Only reason why I'm stuck is because of how good it runs. Would appreciate some opinions based on the mileage and how good it runs already. The guy who had it before me took very good care of it.
It depends on your power goal. I'd be amazed if it doesn't burn oil real bad with this many miles needing a rehone, new rings and bearings. Thats great.

·
Registered
977 Posts
going all out on a d series did a fully built B and sold now want to do a D got a full speed factory turbo kit and deciding what motor to do any ideas? piston and rods will be installed block guard to, going to do a cam and the head to mite do my own porting..and run the bisimoto springs. :) just do not know witch motor is better to do car? shell is a 95 coupe.... thanks everyone...
It depends on what build you want to do. since youre a mitsu man but youve already done a dohc, go ahead and jump on a mini me project and see if you can build one the right way the first time. you can pick from just about any non vtec bottom end and combine it with a good vtec head your choice of course. Most of d series is completely interchangeable.

It depends on your power goal. I'd be amazed if it doesn't burn oil real bad with this many miles needing a rehone, new rings and bearings. Thats great.
@ Dseries soldier-^^^^
This

At the age you have your honda now, its just entering its late twenties, so just go ahead and make sure EVERYTHING is running right and either replace or upgrade the things you need to maintain its good state. Its probably time to start replacing the guts though if you really want to boost it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks man i hope to be working out a 95 coupe ex d16z6 going to do engine work and boost the balls off it and tuned of coarse... i am aiming for 350 400 ill be happy for now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Im new here. I own a 97 Civic VTI (EX).

I have a P&P cylinder head with a head code of P2J-4 with a "97" stamp on the right. It has two (2) Vtec solenoids. One is wired red and the other yellow/green. It will be installed on a D16y8 block. Will it work properly (fast)? My ECU is P2M.

Does anyone here knows how to wire it properly?.
thank you

1 - 20 of 462 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.