Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys,just wanna throw out a lil review on my ATI damper that showed up today for the new build .packaging was awesome and barely got the box open because it was packaged so tight..the damper is a awesome piece and i ordered it with single serpentine pulley due to im still running a alternator..then only downfall i see is that the damper fits super,super tight..nothing a lil emory cloth to dress the crank snout won't take care of ..very well engineered and i give ATI 5 stars!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Damn, too bad it only comes in a 5.5" diameter...

Let us know once you get it going. I'd also be interested in seeing if the timing marks are correct

·
Premium Member
2015 SI 4dr
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, too bad it only comes in a 5.5" diameter...

Let us know once you get it going. I'd also be interested in seeing if the timing marks are correct
ATI tech said it wouldn't have any affect on timing marks or timing due to diameter size..its underdriven and will slow down alternator

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
ATI tech said it wouldn't have any affect on timing marks or timing due to diameter size..its underdriven and will slow down alternator

I think he is talking about the notch for the TDC mark on the timing cover so you can set timing on dizzy.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
I would just like to see you set the stock crank pulley to the TDC mark, remove it, then put the ATI on to make sure that it's correct.

I'm sure it is, but this is something I've seen in the past with different cam gears and crank pulleys so it would be nice to know for sure if the marks are true.

·
Registered
94 Coupe
296 Posts
If it's not already installed, don't use emery cloth. Keep the pulley by the fire or in the oven at very low temps (Below 200) and put dry ice in the crank snout. Should slip on with a firm whack with a rubber mallet without removing material from the crank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts