Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well as we all know this is a site like not many others in the car realm.
More of a family than just a message board.

I had posted earlier this year about health issues my wife and I were dealing with our un born baby. We were given very grim outlooks. Today the gray area was erased and got the news we had been waiting for but not wanting to hear.

Our un born baby (my wife is 31 weeks preg.) has what is called PMG which is a brain abnormality. We are only the 5th case since 2004 that the hospital we are delivering at has seen. He also has something called hydrops which is a build up of fluid he has that around his brain , heart , abdominal area and neck/spine.

With the 2 defect he has coupled with a few other health factors (heart defect and the fact he is having fetal seizures) the team of doctors we have been working with gave a 0% chance of survival for him after birth.

As you can tell by my profile picture my family means the world to me. My son is my shadow whether im at the track , fishing lake , softball park WHATEVER im doing little dude is by my side.

Just asking for some prayers that our little guy when the time comes is pain free! If you have ever lost a child or know someone who has not a fun time alot of stuff runs through your head and its been alot to process over the last few months. Thanks for your time DSO

·
Registered
HONDA
1,221 Posts
I'm usually one to stick to myself and I'm not much of a prayer in these situations. But your family is in my thoughts and for you in a prayer if that's what you need. I feel for you brother, keep your head up and focus on your family and all will be well for you and your wife.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
We will be praying and thinking of you, brother. Stay strong

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I am tearing up at work my dude. Peace be with you, I will keep your family in my thoughts.

·
DIY Guru
96 Ranger-stock
637 Posts
Dude, I can relate to what your going thu.

I hope it is all love surrounding the child when the time comes and the pass is smooth for you.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
E-hugs to you and your family.

Also in the tearing up at work crowd. I can't even imagine what it must be like for you.

Good thoughts, good juju and as much support as can me managed from the west coast.

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
Keep your head up brother. Your family will be in our prayers.

Remember if the lord brought you to it HE WILL see you through it.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well we are at hospital.... Delivering baby tonight at 34 weeks....thanks for all the dso family love! I will update on baby's health when I know

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gavin patrick young was born at 12:15 am and passed away at 1:24am. I am totally at a loss for words my wife I hope takes this the best. Even though we knew at 20 weeks. It's still one of the hardest things I will ever have to experience in my life.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
So sorry dude

1 - 20 of 25 Posts