Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peeps please help me out.
I have a d16z6 (EG5) and live in Holland. (Amsterdam)

Now let me explain:

I bought a Edelbrock D16z6 intake manifold.

I found out that the inlet size of the Edelbrock 62MM is. Now I need to find a TB with a inlet size of 62 CORRECT?

Now I found a ported d15b7 TB which is ported and has a 62MM inlet.

LINK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=270067615441&rd=1,1

Do you think I can use this TB for my edelbrock manifold? Or Do I need to search for a ORGININAL Or aftermarket 60/62mm Throttlebody?

A b16/b18 TB is 60MM. The inlet of the Edelbrock is 62mm. So I dont know which TB to look for now. Please tell me if this TB which I sent you the link to is good.

regards

Rodney

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
that auction already ended...............username dirty_dutch bought it, is that you?

anyway, i thought that the stock size of the b7 tb was 56mm.........that would make it 6mm overbored not 4mm. i think thats a bit much, but hey, it looks like they pulled it off and it looks pretty clean.

if it were me i would just go for a b-series 60mm tb. You wouldnt need to worry about boring it over the extra 2mm unless you wanted to. you dont need to worry about having a throttle body diamter less than the intake manifold inlet diameter, you need to worry about having an intake manifold diameter smaller than the throttle body diameter, because it is a step down and hurts the flow.

i would just get a 60mm b-series tb and leave it alone. i think 62mm for NA on a d is too big anyway. it prolly wouldnt really hurt you or help on the ass dyno, but it would be more work to get it bored over, unless you get a type r tb which is 62mm.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
But is this TB good foy my Edelbrock? I need to know. Will it fit and match?
if the bolt pattern is the same, which i assume it is, then it should fit just fine. you got it for cheap, so i wouldnt really worry. you could sell it on honda tech and buy a different one if it didnt work for alot more than what you paid for it.

but yeah, i would imagine it will bolt up nicely, considering the bolt pattern is the same, which i dont see why it wouldnt be. you should be set.........

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanx :)
Will I get problems when I put my old MAP and TPS sensor on it?
I hear that this can cause problems

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Ok thanx :)
Will I get problems when I put my old MAP and TPS sensor on it?
I hear that this can cause problems
ummm, you shouldnt have a problem with the map sensor, and you may need to readjust the tps so it reads the correct voltage, which is about .5V at idle and about 4.5-5V at WOT i believe, but you may want to search to verify that.

the IACV or the FITV is where you might see problems. alot of the time when you swap to an aftermarket manifold, it causes your idle to freak out and surge from 1k-2k rpm. usually its the IACV (idle air control valve) that causes the problem. if you do happen to see idle surges, just post a thread or search about how to fix it. i reccommend searching before posting, because it has been covered NUMEROUS times!

or you could pm lilryanadamse, i know he just installed an edlebrock performer x manifold and he ran into idle problems. i cant remember exactly how he fixed it though, i know he used some jb weld to eliminate something, but nevertheless, it fized the problem.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
How do I know if the the bolt pattern is the same?
it should be the same. for some reason im thinking that i read somewhere of certain throttle bodies not fitting on certain apps. im not sure if im dreaming or if i actaully did read that.

just give it some time and someone will be able to verify that they are the same. for some reason i think i may be dreaming that i read that.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
The man maild me that it is a taper bore? What is that?

tapered means that it either gets smaller or larger the further inside the tb it goes. for example, it may be 60mm at the begginning of the tb inlet and it will gradually get larger to 62mm. he prolly did it like that because of how much they actually bored the tb. they bored it 6mm over..............thats alot.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Is that bad? Because I dont know If I should/can use it for my Edelbrock right now.
no its not bad............its prolly actually a really good thing on that tb since they bored it so damn much.

well you already bought the tb, so just wait until you get it and test fit it. it should fit and it should work/operate just fine. i think your making too big of a deal over something that you shouldnt worry about until you actually have a problem. And if all else fails, you could buy a b-series tb for it if you have to, which is pretty cheap.

i shouldnt have said anything about the bolt patterns not lining up, because i know they will. i think i was thinking of a z6 manifold on a dohc zc head........... forget i said it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know why I am in the USA right now and my car is in the Netherlands.
In the Nehterlands they ask about $250 dollars to bore a TB.Thats why I bought one here that is alreay bored. So I need to know for sure that THIS throttlebody is good for MY EDELBROCK manifold. Will I loose flow because of this or can I expect gains with this add-on? Please tell me so.

regards

Rodney

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
You know why I am in the USA right now and my car is in the Netherlands.
In the Nehterlands they ask about $250 dollars to bore a TB.Thats why I bought one here that is alreay bored. So I need to know for sure that THIS throttlebody is good for MY EDELBROCK manifold. Will I loose flow because of this or can I expect gains with this add-on? Please tell me so.

regards

Rodney
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48774&highlight=60mm+tb

i found this link. it says that the h22 tb, which is the same as the b-series tb and also the z6 tb, will not bolt up to a b7 or b8. i guess thats where i remember reading it, maybe i wanst dreaming.

the edlebrock manifold works with the b-series and h-series and the z6 tb, so if you put two and two together, i guess the one you bought wont fit.

i should have searched for what i thought i read before posting, so i knew for sure if it fit or not. but you spent 25 bucks on it.........just buy a b-series tb and be done. or just use the one from your z6 IM.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So it wil not fit? Do you know if the sensors of a D16z6 TB (TPS and MAP) will work on a integra type R TB (62MM)? An Integra Type R TB should fit on my Edelbrock correct?

regards

Rodney

1 - 16 of 16 Posts