Honda D Series Forum banner

Arrow in lower right hand cor. of cluster

727 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  makku 
G
#1 ·
I'm new to the civic scene and let me tell you i shouldve bought one of theses babys ten years ago. I drive a 94 civic hb dx 5speed. These cars are so much fun. Anyway i wanted to upgrade the cluster with a tach but i noticed theres an arrow pointing up within a white little square box. What is that what does it do?

Any info would be apprecited

#5 ·
I believe that the cluster is from a vx coz I also have a vx . The purpose of that light is to show you when to shift in considering fuel economy. Ussually turns on about 2000 ish ( someone help me on this). If you are an aggressive driver and let rpm's rev quickly, it will not trn on. In other words, "conservative driving".....If it does not turn on then yeah, might be a bulb.

#7 ·
Ooo, my crx I bought last night had it too. there was a green up arrow lit up around 2,000. I thought it told me go straight even when theres a curve...hahaha

#12 ·
as others said, its a shifter light. my crx hf has one too. its my understanding that when the EPA was doing mpg tests they would shift when the shift light told them to, even if it was super early and no normal person would ever shift there. so honda put them in their economy cars to make their EPA numbers look higher than they were under normal driving conditions. recently the EPA has stopped doing that though.

lol, my light was really damn early in the hf and it had no power. it was pretty sad. after i put in my si trans it was super confused. telling me to upshift in 5th gear, lol. never told me to shift when i was in 4th. now its dead with a different engine and ecu.

#14 ·
hondajosh said:
is it possible to change that light to blink at redline and actually use it at a shift light? Just an idea...have no idea how to make that happen.....
switch the wires for the CEL and the shift light, then tune with uberdata or crome :TU:

or just use the CEL as a shift light.....

#15 ·
use it as a vtec indicator... just takes some creative cutting on the back of the cluster and some wiring to the ecu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.