Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 TRD
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So WTF over?! I was just installing Gray's Revo fixer kit finally tonight and something went weird. Background:

I have a foglight wired (UK requirement on US vehicles) and I piggybacked off the hot wire for the security system (10 amp circuit) for the constant 12V. I also use this as the memory wire for my deck. When I was removing the switch while taking out my center console, I accidently grounded out the hot wire. Little spark, then nothing. No big deal, I've done this 2-3 times before, and I normally just replace the fuse when I'm done putting everything back together and I'm good to go.

Not this time. For some reason, I don't have any blown fuses, and even when I replaced my usual suspect, nothing zip nada. No power to anything in the whole damn car. No lights, no accessory - absolutely nothing!

I figured OK, the 7th gen has OBDstupid so I'll disconnect the battery, clean up my tools, reconnect and be fine. Kind of like rebooting a computer. So when I went to reconnect the ground on the battery, I got my usual little spark and thought I was good. Again nothing. Now what's odd is that if I remove the neg connection (on the batt.) and immediately reconnect - no little spark. Wait a few minutes, do it again, standard little spark. This makes me think I've got a grounding issue. Or maybe a fusable link blown somewhere? I have no idea, I'm about to study the wiring diagrams but would appreciate any suggestions ya'll have.

Help me Honda folks!!!

·
Registered
2018 TRD
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed. Don't know what it was but I checked and freshened up the connections on my 3 major ground points and redid my main battery power location (batt. reloc'd to trunk). Farking thing works now. Thanks for the suggestion though. This nasty English weather really makes corrosion an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.