Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive decided to get some arp head studs but no luck in finding the kit, i have an 88-89 d16a1...does anyone were i can buy them?

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Check ARPs website. Cross reference your engine with a kit.

Then when u have the kit # do a search for the best price.

Am I the only one who knows how to find parts and deals on the internet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check ARPs website. Cross reference your engine with a kit.

Then when u have the kit # do a search for the best price.

Am I the only one who knows how to find parts and deals on the internet?
checked arp website, it was my first stop but they dont have no head studs listed...:dots:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
9 of the studs are the exact same ones as b16. 1 is slightly longer by 9mm.

The arp kit I listed is the correct one for the DOHC ZC/D16A1.

There are also other cars you can use studs from such as the VW stud or the SRT4/PT cruiser studs.

More info here

·
Registered
ED6&7. EE4&5, MB1
200 Posts
Lightning Motorsports sells the set but I'll list the individual part numbers here as well for the equal lenght set.

10x ARP ATP6.760-1LB (Studs)
10x ARP 300-8303 (Nuts)
10x ARP 200-8510 (Washers)
1x ARP 100-9908 (Lube)

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
This is what I ordered from Go Auto:

Name Code Qty Each Options
----------------------------------------------------------------
ARP Head Stud kit JDM D16 208-43XX 1 139.99
DOHC ZC Engines
Subtotal 139.99
Shipping 34.99
Total 174.98

Pics of installation:

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Christ! 35 bucks for shipping!?

Where do you live? USPS is about 12 bucks.
I needed them over night and first thing in the morning to complete a build, bad planning on my part.

But, they are all equal length and they allowed one thread past the head of the nut with the washer. So, I debunk the myth that you need 9 of the standard length and one longer stud.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I needed them over night and first thing in the morning to complete a build, bad planning on my part.

But, they are all equal length and they allowed one thread past the head of the nut with the washer. So, I debunk the myth that you need 9 of the standard length and one longer stud.
I saw your words pop up on a thread somewhere else concerning this. You should post pics showing the debunk, just sayin'. Since the other thread from '10 shows the opposite. Or did I miss something?

http://www.redpepperracing.com/forums/?showtopic=48138

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
So the extended stud in the pic is a standard stud? That is what I am missing, sorry I am dense.

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
So the extended stud in the pic is a standard stud? That is what I am missing, sorry I am dense.

LOL, yes it is...the center stud threads into the block where the purchase is much higher in the block than the rest. You can see how even all of the other studs are at the same height as their thread purchase is identical in height, albeit lower.

Too be honest, I was skeptical when I got them and I called GO immediately when I got them and they said - "try it"...worked out perfectly.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank all of you guys for you inputs on this....i went ahead and bought the D16A1 kit from Lightning Motorsports they said they include the ONE longer Stud, i will post pics of the kit once it comes in...again thanks alot guys

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So my ARP head studs came in from lightning motorsports, got the longer stud included....Idk i think im going to have to cut it abit, what you guys think?

[/URL][/IMG]

Heres compared to the one longer oem stud....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts