Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what to torque the arp headstuds on my z6 turbo build.

I will be running 300whp, probably around 18-19psi.........if that matters.

What would be the best reccommended torque specs on this.

thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
70 with moly .. That's what I did.

Retorqued to 80 after 10 cycles, and when I had doubts about my HG leaking oil, I tried all of um at 90 ... But don't do the last two :-D

·
Registered
259 Posts
cool...i just torqued mine from my initial stock trq of 49ftlbs to 71...should be nice :)

its just that with my y8 head/z6 block combo i had all a6/z6 arp studs at first so the one close to the vtec solenoid was too long like which myself and the dseries world including already figured out that you need 1 d16y stud in that location. However before I knew this I actually did the stupid and put a 1'' thick barrier of towels around that stud and tightened moderately tight with adjustable tightening pliers. Yes i know..BAD move...as the stud travelled a fair bit down and was tight but still too long. So now! with the correct d16y stud(shorter) in that location...it travells a fair bit down finger tight thanks to my stupidity= the top of that d16y stud now ,at 71foot pounds of torque ,just barely hides below the top of the nut by a hair under 0.5mm. I hope to god i will be fine and all is still well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts