Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone have the instructions?
i tried searching around .. couldnt find anything. haven't called arp yet. so if someone knows the torque specs and any precautions on can take so the install goes smoothly. this is going into a jdm d15b.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I would apply a LITE coat of oil to the studs so they dont corrode or seize in the block. Also make shure the block threads are cleaned out. I just pretorqued the studs into the block with the double nut method to like 15-20pnds, then installed the head, and then torqued the nuts down in 3 steps, 22 ,45,70. I think the stock recomendations is around 60ftpnds for arp.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
ARP recommends 65ft lbs with their moly lube. me personally i torqued mine down to 75 ft lbs., to avoid any headgasket issues. it's a good idea to put them in hand tight only then follow proper torque sequence. :beer:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
im jus gonna use 30w oil.. cause i dont h a ve any molly lube... also can anyone confirm tourqing the actuall bolt to 20 pounds? into the block?!?!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Well not alot like 10 but it takes a little to get them in. You want them to be flush or in as much as they could go. You wouldnt want them to turn while your torqing the head nuts. Iv even heard of useinga little lock tite on the bottom threads for high boosting, but i wouldnt for easier removal of the studs.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
russianwonder32 said:
im jus gonna use 30w oil.. cause i dont h a ve any molly lube... also can anyone confirm tourqing the actuall bolt to 20 pounds? into the block?!?!
i've called ARP before, they recommend you torque to 75 ft lbs with regular oil. when you run them in for the first time wait a sec, let air work out, then recheck the stud is fully seated.:beer:

·
Registered
951 Posts
It will take atleast 20pnds to get them to turn in and go all the way down threw the oil/air/friction. The torque recomended form the little intake and exaust studs are only 10-15 and there so small. These are large heat treated studs and the block threads would normaly see 55-60pnds with normal head bolts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts