Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys

I've just purchased some ARP head studs for my boosted D16Y1 and I need to confirm what model studs I need?

I think I need 208-4301:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180203226779&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008
Because the US D16Z6 is the same as the AU D16Y1

The eBay seller thinks I need 208-4305:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARP-HEAD-STUDS-KIT-HONDA-D16Y-208-4305_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ46098QQihZ008QQitemZ180162908499QQtcZphoto

Please confirm?

Thanks Guys

Luke

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
whats the head code on your d16y1. i think thats the easiest way to figure it out. i searched google. only to come up with your thread on another forum (trader). :haha:. head casting codes will make it easier.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the head code on your d16y1. i think thats the easiest way to figure it out. i searched google. only to come up with your thread on another forum (trader). :haha:. head casting codes will make it easier.
I didn't even know there were head codes lol

where are they?

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
next to the first exhaust runner of the header, up on the head below the valve cover. 3 numbers/letters. d16z6/d15b = p08

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
thats about i can do for you. im only as good as i can search. =(. catch me tomm. i will search some more. but from drunk reading the llink i sent. seems as though the head casting codes are shared. which to me meean same studs. idk tho. let some of the elders speak on it before you do anything. im just a messenger

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats about i can do for you. im only as good as i can search. =(. catch me tomm. i will search some more. but from drunk reading the llink i sent. seems as though the head casting codes are shared. which to me meean same studs. idk tho. let some of the elders speak on it before you do anything. im just a messenger
Thanks mate :)

Both D16Y1 and D16Z6 are 92-95 SOHC VTec's so I think there the same

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
the blocks got named diff. through the years depending on the market version. as you know edm is diff than usdm and jdm. we just need to clear up which is which. i wish i knew more. im sure it will be figured out. some one on here has to know whats up. but being that its 4:12am california time.. im sure we will get a lil light shed upon thus quandary

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the blocks got named diff. through the years depending on the market version. as you know edm is diff than usdm and jdm. we just need to clear up which is which. i wish i knew more. im sure it will be figured out. some one on here has to know whats up. but being that its 4:12am california time.. im sure we will get a lil light shed upon thus quandary
Yeah bed time hey lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts