Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up guys! I’ll get right to it, I need ONE, yes 1, ARP head stud for my y7/y8 mini me... I managed to strip that “socket end” on just one of em when tearing down my last engine/car... anybody got a spare? Or at least some direction for simple purchase? Covid has done th retail world NO FAVORS when it comes to shipping...

·
Registered
97 Del Sol
67 Posts
The only place I think you might be able to find just one is if you contact ARP directly, or if someone for some reason removed their studs.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,918 Posts
I was going to say just thread it in by hand and use it. But you can snug it up with vice grips if you know how to properly use them..... ive seen sooo much stuff ruined by them. But they always work great for me

Its a stud it will work the same if its threaded in loose or tight

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,918 Posts
ARP FAQ:

"Do the head studs only go in hand, or finger tight?

Yes, cylinder head studs are installed only hand tight. Other than the use of an allen wrench on the hex broached into the end of the stud (to ease installation, not to apply torque), use no tools to seat them in the block. However, it is extremely important to ensure that the studs are fully bottomed out in the hole in the block and not hung up on damaged or corroded threads in the block preventing the stud from being fully seated. This is often indicated when the stud threads extend past the deck surface."

So if your threads are clean. Should be no issue hand tight. But double nut will work 100000% and probably the best way to make sure any studs are fully seated. Dont crank the studs down just because you can get a wrench or socket on it though.

But with how simple this is most anything would work.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,525 Posts
so nobody is going to ask how in the hell he boogered it up?

Reactions: robgoof and Evanguy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No sh*t!?! I can reuse it, I’m no builder and didn’t INSTAL them myself to begin with... so upon tear down, that mofo was soooo tight, my cheap ass socket twisted, then rounded off... now I gotta look around and see if I kept it... thanks for th info fellas!

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
171 Posts
2x nut it and and you're done. Its not like an oil plug you're going to be visiting 2x a year.
Just saying its an easy fix.
I do happen to have 9 new y8 head bolts if you want to got with a new bolt 🔩 😉.
GLWR

·
Registered
Honda
23 Posts
What’s up guys! I’ll get right to it, I need ONE, yes 1, ARP head stud for my y7/y8 mini me... I managed to strip that “socket end” on just one of em when tearing down my last engine/car... anybody got a spare? Or at least some direction for simple purchase? Covid has done th retail world NO FAVORS when it comes to shipping...
View attachment 136663
Call up ARP.. you can buy individual bolts

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 136663
call arp directly with the stud kit part number. Summit should also be able to get u one stud. its easier than u think. ive done it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts