Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im after the part number for a set ARP head bolts to suit a D16A6. Nobody here in NZ stocks them for the D16A6, so I need a part number for them to work off.

Anybody know what it is?

·
Registered
stock sedan
1,460 Posts
use the arp headstuds for a z6 for a a6
ARP part #208-4301

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just while Im here too, Ive seem to misplaced these parts (circled in red). Do I really need them?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oh ok, that's what I thought. That's what I used them for when I pulled my head, and I always wondered if they served some other purpose I wasn't aware of.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you sure there not in the head? They usually stay in place unless you physically remove them.
They were in the head, but I removed them and put them in a ziplock bag along with everything else. But they have disapeared somewhere. Lucky I have a couple spare trannys lying around that I could take the dowel pins from.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Would it be the end of the world if they weren't installed? Or just annoying to install?

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
Would it be the end of the world if they weren't installed? Or just annoying to install?
you risk not having the head and block line up properly. that doesn't sound good to me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, that's what I was asking. That tenth of a mm you couldn't tell with the naked eye would make that much of a difference? I mean, you could tell if the head was lined up with the block by hand, but you're right, it wouldn't be perfect.

·
Banned
998 Posts
iv not used them in 2 motors and they have never had a problem they help when installing the head so the headgasket dosent shift... but as far as locating it the head bolts do that job for u

1 - 20 of 22 Posts