Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Was thinking of keeping a journal, starting it off with a history of what I can remember now of my childhood, keeping that as a lesson to the future of the struggles of the past. Also have it for if I get to where I am going, and start to loose focus at any point.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I take lots of pictures and I keep all of them. HDD space is cheap.

Do yourself a favor and dump photos off your camera right after you take them and put them in a folder dated with this format 2014-06-11
Then they will automatically be arranged by date.

I cant tell you how many times I couldnt remember when something happened and was able to figure it out by looking through my picture archive.

·
Registered
2000 Tundra
153 Posts
Nope. If my brain can't remember I don't need it. I don't write anything down ever and only take pictures of random crap I send to people.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
3 terabyte external hard drive

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
I take lots of pictures and I keep all of them. HDD space is cheap.

Do yourself a favor and dump photos off your camera right after you take them and put them in a folder dated with this format 2014-06-11
Then they will automatically be arranged by date.

I cant tell you how many times I couldnt remember when something happened and was able to figure it out by looking through my picture archive.
but data in an HDD would last only 10 years or so...:3dtard:

For me, I would upload images from phones or other devices mentioned above then have them printed and store them away. I still have pictures of me when I was 2 years old! I am flipping 28 now! and got damn, I was cute. Iono what happened to me.............................LOLOL :wacko:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Some redundancy is required. I have the same stuff on several HDDs and it gets copied over to new HDDs as I upgrade them.
20 years from now Ill have the same photos on some new crazy solid state laser drive made of boron doped diamonds.

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
Some redundancy is required. I have the same stuff on several HDDs and it gets copied over to new HDDs as I upgrade them.
20 years from now Ill have the same photos on some new crazy living cellular biomass.
FTFY

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Wait until you start dealing with dementia.

You can remember the old memories, catch 10 seconds of an old video and remember the whole thing.

But you keep forgetting the simple stuff from last week.

Keep repeating the same old stories from your hey day, can remember damn near every detail about your build without any notes...yet can't remember people you met a month ago.

Yeah...it is scary to deal with it.

Now, as far as off loading pics and videos from your phone.... Dropbox is a wonderful app. My phone photos and vids are automatically transferred to my PC once in range of the home wireless network, I do nothing. About every 6 months I copy the contents of the folder and back it up on 2 or 3 different drives.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Dimentia is a mofo... extremely difficult to deal with.

I keep 3 forms of data backup, magnetic, optical, and solid state now.

30tb of photos and videos and counting on my main stash. Videos (camcorder, gopro, etc) fill up space fast.

My main photo archive is 4tb presently.

I won't trust the cloud to safeguard it.

I'm waiting for the optical crystal storage to hit the shelf.

2+PB on 1cm cubed.....

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have about 30GB of music.

When I play one from 7th grade I get really vibrant flashbacks about scattered experience, like seizure/strobe/random experience. It's non-sensical but it feels good.

Definitely Abstract, like smell or taste.

I'm 19, but I know it's coming. There's so much I pickup that others don't and I don't know how I'm able to keep it all so well, I can only expect it to break ahead of schedule like a race engine.

Somethings different in my Brain. Autism? Early Dementia? Schizo? No Name?

I got singled often in class and always test into high percentiles.

Yet are bad with people. Throwing down walls of words in the best way I can, yet still don't get perceived the right way.

Makes me think of Tesla when he was trying to share his ideas.

I also take pictures of things I see or am doing while I'm doing them. Like my car and the cat I saved.

I don't have a family I care about and no current wife material.

I do seem to easily make a lot of words though so I think I will try starting to write on my 20th.

I was thinking of recording myself before bed out of convenience of modern day things and so I could show pictures and things when I might not be able to read or make sense of what I wrote.

The downside to that is huge storage needs. Not to mention fundamental Privacy.

I think it'd be neat to have a running story of what I'm here for.

I have no idea what for though. Maybe that's why nobody has done it.

But then again I like doing exactly that.

I think it's because I'm so upset other didn't do it. Like Pat, I'm so sad I didn't get to hear all of the great thoughts buzzing around in his head, same with Bone, you're gonna die someday, just like me. I want to know the things you know about, even if some of it overlaps with my knowledge or I don't agree with it.

It's like when you see a hot girl, and you really wanna see what she looks like.

She might have a super gross bunch of skin on her foot but the perfect tits.

Except with minds, I'm trying to get you to relate to the feeling. Hahah

I'd like my mind to be documented so when I leave, I don't lose the opportunity to tell someone, and I don't lose the opportunity for an idea to live after I am not.

Think of all the brilliant ideas that have come and gone because they just never made it out.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
Dimentia is a mofo... extremely difficult to deal with.
Some days are normal, some days like today I get aggravated. Everyone thought all my typos, or using the wrong words was because I was drunk. Guess what...it wasn't. Might be partly to blame but I've only been partly drunk once or twice in the past 7 months, yet I still make the same typing mistakes.

I will think out what I want to type yet type one word totally different. That one word wrong makes the whole thought I was trying to convey really confusing.

Yes, it is hereditary, I've known about it. It started with Dad when he was about 45 or so, I'm 47. We both drank a lot and while some believe it might be part of the problem, on doctor I went thinks it wasn't as big of an impact as everyone believes.

Yes, I did see a family doctor about it. First time in 10 years I went, willing to see a doctor that didn't involve an ambulance ride. She was Dad's doctor and still had his files. Chewed my ass out for not getting in to lower my blood pressure SOONER but was impressed where it is now without meds. She still wants it lower but isn't as worried about it. 135/90 if your wondering. I used to be 150/105, was as high as 200/120+ right after Accord crash
When I say 47 going on 70, you now understand why I'm happy to be unemployed (semi-retired) right now.

:wheelchair::rockon:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts