Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying the front LCA bushing kit for ~70ish.

I also need 24mm 'GSR style' front sway bar linkages, and theirs look pretty good. I think they're a little more expensive than generic stuff, I'm pretty sure its a two pack for ~50, if they're individual thats an awful deal.

I think I'm gonna get regular hard rubber bushings and not the pillow joint type ones. I'm also considering their entire kit, but I'm not planning on swapping to Integra rear suspension for a while. Are any of their products bad, like I shouldn't use 'em?

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
I was planning on using something harder than oem in all locations except the rear trailing arm, staying with oem there. Was thinking to use hardrace in pivoting locations like the control arms so as to prevent potential squeeking issues caused by urethane, but using urethane in stationary places like the engine/tranny mounts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IV read nothing but good reviews but I wasn't able to really find anything about the ball joints they use, in comparison to say skunk2 (most reviewers agree their balljoints are horrible). And since the dumb sway bar links for the 24mm have ball joints, I'm a lil concerned. I could get the moog ones for about the same price with their life time guarantee, but if I'm buying some shit from hardrace I might as well get errything from hardrace.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a ton of their stuff on the daily and some going on the coupe project now too.

The end links are fine, no complaints. They come in a pair. I won't be using the TA bushings again, they were just enough oversize to make install a pain. I've never had problems with the OE CR-V ones and they're cheap from Honda dealers on Ebay. Check the TSB for the most recent rev, I believe it's an SR3 currently.

Only other issue I had was that a couple of the rear upper arm bushings were slightly undersize, they were still secure but I was concerned about them in the long run. Ended up putting a couple tiny spot welds on each one and painting over them to be sure.

These were all older parts that I had in a box since about 2007 though.

The stuff I've installed so far on the '94 is all new and I've had no issues so far:

[/URL][/IMG]

Use a brake cylinder hone on the holes and install will be much smoother:

And a little paint on them, I've heard they have a tendency to rust:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I was too lazy to figure out which ones I needed for the front LCA so I ended up ordering the ES kit. Going to regret it I know. But everyone I know that used hard race was happy.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I do not agree with Pata, you should smoke or "free base" some coke. It might stop your heart.

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How can you disagree with someone when their only statement is "cocaine"?

Especially when you're also advising "do cocaine"

-_-

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
" I only mess with cars as its more socially acceptable then a drug habit, but the drug habit would be cheaper"

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
See this guy gets me, you OP, are not thinking logically therefore, I disregard your thinking and replace it with a corrected thought of my own.

Also I do not do hard drugs any more, I grew up, but I stand by what I typed.

Must spread rep before giving to Esotericimage again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.