Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So I'm really trying to get the ball rolling again on my a/c p/s turbo budget build, and I've been studying this turbo and everything I must do for hours on end just today alone. I have also already search google and forums for this particular question.

I was looking over the turbo and the wastegate mechanics and I noticed that the flapper does not sit completely flush with the housing. Is this normal? The actuator is by no means loose and is very difficult to open manually by hand, but its just that when it shuts, there is a small gap. I'd say its like 1/10 of a centimeter. Just enough to be able to clack when you push on it lightly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
it needs to be tightly closed with absolutly no gap.....if there is a gap exhaust gases will bypass the exhaust blade blades thus slowing spool time.....it would be like having your wastegate cracked open at all times

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured. I was curious is the gap is because there isn't any pressure on the vacuum line. And maybe if when hooked up, it closes tightly/opens when need be.

Is fixing as simple as tightening the nut on the connecting rod?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Yeah I figured. I was curious is the gap is because there isn't any pressure on the vacuum line. And maybe if when hooked up, it closes tightly/opens when need be.

Is fixing as simple as tightening the nut on the connecting rod?
Yea tighten the wastegate bar. Some flappers are open like a hair but seal when heated up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts