Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ran my rev9 ebay ching chang turbo all last summer with no problems, part #tx-50b-54.

This past weekend I was starting to get the car ready to come out of its winter hibernation. I started off with doing a boost leak test and found a few leaks, one of them coming from the compressor housing cover. So I pulled the cover and to my surprise there was no gasket. But the cover looks like it has a groove for the o-ring.

So after e-mailing godspeed and calling Rev9 and talking to people that didn't even know what I was talking about, and refused to give me a free o-ring even though mine was missing, I finally got a part # for a t3/t4 t04e rebuild kit.

Here is the link to the rebuild kit on rev9's page: https://rev9power.com/t3t4-turbo-rebuilt-kit.html

The problem is its $50 + shipping and I'm questioning if its even going to fit and I'm a cheap fucker that doesn't want to pay that much for an o-ring.

So I found this kit on ebay and Im wondering if it will fit? Turbo charger Repair Rebuild Service Kit T3 T4 TB03 TA31 T04B T04E TBP4 | eBay

Can someone give me some advise here? I really dont want to order the wrong part and have to wait a week to find out its wrong. Are center sections all the same size regardless of the ar of the housing?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
They are not all the same. Different AR, ported, non ported, etc.

But the O ring should be the same. Just get a T4 compressor housing O ring.

The Compressor is a T4, the turbine is a T3, thus the t3/t4 name.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts