Brokedick Millionaire
40,796 Posts
basicallt two choices for springs......

Isky springs and exhaust spring locators = $138
Bismoto Springs = $150

·
Banned
12 Posts
I'm surprised Manga Spawn is trying to replace D15Bx springs with D16Yx (VTEC) springs. I'd like to ask the question I was expecting him to ask, which has gotta' be much more common:

Are the D15b7 springs interchangeable with the D16b's?
And while I'm at it, do they, in fact, use the same entire head?

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
???
His question is completely legitimate.

D16B? That's probably some foreign engine.

Non-VTEC springs are the same and VTEC springs are the same, but they do not interchange between the two(different sizes IIRC).

The head casting should be different too, including the rockers, valves, camshaft, etc.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
not trying to thread jack but:

if i were to buy a set of crespo valve springs and bought supertech retainers, would they work with each other reliably?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for everone that answered. I found the ones I need. The main reason I asked was because the supertech springs and retainers for the
D16z6 are about $50 cheaper than the isky ones. Just seeing if it was possible to save a buck.

As for the last question I would just get the supertech springs and retainers. There pretty cheap at $280 and I am sure they are better quality than crespo (which I think is some ebay company right?).

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I would put my money on the Bisimoto conical (beehive) springs. Although you will have to get retainers too but a little weight reduction never hurts
Don

1 - 11 of 11 Posts