Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of 880cc precision injectors for my build (aiming for ~330 whp) but after sending them to injector rehab they told me they were 1000cc injectors...

Just wondering if they're too big, will i have trouble getting the engine to idle with 1000cc injectors and a 255 pump?

any input would be appreciated, just a bit worried and would like anyone with more knowledge to chime in.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
im going to tell you this, atleast you arent my friend who bought precision 525cc injectors and they turned out to be dsm 390cc injectors.

your tuner shouldnt have a problem getting them to idle... hell i didnt have a problem getting 1000cc injectors to idle

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Theyre gonna suck idling if you run gas. But on ethanol, youll never notice.

·
Poop Sock
wrx & slut rex
3,798 Posts
ill be honested. id switch them out for something smaller. yes you can tune them down a bit but you can only do that so much. think of it this way. "Dsm 450cc blue tops" are maxed out at ~300ph.

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
Theyre gonna suck idling if you run gas. But on ethanol, youll never notice.
this. on E85 they run great but for your hp goal i would look for something around 550cc, on pump gas those would be plenty...

·
Registered
610 Posts
OBD0 ECUs can't run pulse widths low enough to idle injectors that large, but if you are OBD1 it should be fine.
Beave - Can't base pressure can be dropped to bring flow rates down at PWs that are achievable with obd0 ecu's? Spray pattern suffers, but how important is atomization at idle anyways? Your TE knowledgabilities and experience are way beyond what mine are, just wanting to make sure my plan (big injectors) is possible with TE.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
If you have to pass emissions testing at idle and low speeds, spray pattern is extremely important.

750cc injectors are about the largest you can run on TE without pressure manipulation. I think it's possible to run 1000cc injectors successfully this way, but you'll want to get a rising rate regulator to quickly ramp up the pressure and also make sure your pump will handle the additional pressure.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the fact I live 3500 above sea level make any difference? The air is a little thinner up here.

So far it's looking like i'll be alright. guys with first hand experience with 1000cc injectors was what i was after.

Thanks to all those that replied. you're all gettin' repped.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Used Precision 1000s on E85 myself...idled fine, and had no issues. Fuel pressure set at 58psi with a single in-tank HP 255.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
lowball runs precision 1000's and it idles just fine.

i dont think many people in here have used them or maybe they just dont know how to tune fuel injector offsets

1 - 20 of 23 Posts