Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always thought that the entire system was made of stainless steel, but apparently not.

The WS II Exhaust series is the A'PEXi answer to the ultimate street muffler system with all around performance. The canister is made of the highest grade polished SUS304 stainless steel while the mandrel bent piping consists of high temperature, titanium particle coated mild steel.
Apexi-USA - WS II

I decided to check Apexi's site after an under car inspection of my mothers Integra. I recommended a WS2 to her as a replacement as it has a very mellow tone and I thought would be a good long term solution. Apparently I was mistaken about the long term part. It does not appear to be holding up all that well for an exhaust system that is generally accepted as high quality.

Anywho, was the WS2 catback all stainless steel at one point or not? I installed one on a friend's Integra several years ago, but cannot remember if it was or not.

Just curious.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I had the WS2 on my Accord for about 3 years and never had any issues with it rusting or anything. And Cincinnati winters aren't exactly salt free!
How long ago was this? Any idea if it was all stainless? I would ASSume so if you had no rusting issues.

I am wondering if this is something that has changed with the economic environment.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
it has a "titanium" coating on the piping and the muffler is SS. IMO fuck that exhaust. Its over priced and heavy. i had one. The drone inside the car was annoying since its a chambered muffler. Id go with a VRS tubing kit, 24" resonator and a magnaflow muffler for quiet and performance. a lot cheaper than the WS2

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
I thought most of the apexi line was coated on the piping. My N-1 is. I noticed its much cooler under there even after driving the shit out of it. Mine hasn't rusted one bit.......and ideed the Nati has a serious road salt problem. That system should hold up for quite a few years.

·
Registered
907 Posts
How long ago was this? Any idea if it was all stainless? I would ASSume so if you had no rusting issues.

I am wondering if this is something that has changed with the economic environment and the bankruptcy deal.
I had it on the car for about 2 1/2 years or so before I sold the car last February. I still see the car from time to time and at least the axleback is still on it.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has a "titanium" coating on the piping and the muffler is SS. IMO fuck that exhaust. Its over priced and heavy. i had one. The drone inside the car was annoying since its a chambered muffler. Id go with a VRS tubing kit, 24" resonator and a magnaflow muffler for quiet and performance. a lot cheaper than the WS2
I agree after seeing how this one has held up combined with the fact that Greddy no longer makes the SP2. I am rather disappointed.

What drone? Were you running it catless or something?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have owned three WS2's over the years on hatches and integras, I never had a SINGLE problem with them and they held up great, even after being rear ended...

no "drone" either. overall I was very happy with each of the ones Ive owned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts