Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an WS axle back from a friend. I used just the muffler and like 3" of pipe and had that welded to my crush bent 2.5 pipe. Holy FN crap it sounds so sweet. Quiet as can be. My motor and intake over power it by a mile. 100 thumbs up to this exhaust. Buy It Now!

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
I'd like to see some pics too. Depending on how it looks I may get one, I've been looking for one that performs, but also one that doesn't attract ricers and set off car alarms :lol:

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts
hmm, i'm not real big on the big tip, I prefer something more conservative, like my ANSA system 8)

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
I love the WS2 so much i hate the ricer looking imo big tip exhausts that sound like ass. im thinking to order it if everything goes well this summer. It appears that the apexi ws2 is cheaper then the comptech exhaust which come in axleback and cat back. The cat back is like 5-600 and the axle back costs about the same as th ws2. But whats the point for a axleback you wont get more airflow through your stock piping so later you might need to go to a exhaust shop and get some bent for your car to replace the stock piping

this is the comptech axleback and/or catback

and if you buy the cat back its full stainless

anyways. I have a question whats the difference between the WS1 and WS2 I heard their the exact same thing just apexi discontinued WS1.

I also looked at some sites that said that the muffler is exactly the same just 1 has aluminum piping painted with a titanium paint coating.

and on others that its mild steel piping

I dunno which is true I found a site that sells both models for my civic a 2000 civic ex coupe
Which should i get? ws1 or ws2?

I want an exhaust that wont rust and if it is truly aluminum then it wont and will be lighter then steal or stainless

Also i noticed that the tip of the muffler sicks out past the bumper on the hatch
PLZ respond to this question in this Awesome thread

·
Registered
587 Posts
Go with the Comptech...my opinion is bias though since well I have a comptech exhaust. I'll post up some pictures in a few.

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
nation of kong said:
Go with the Comptech...my opinion is bias though since well I have a comptech exhaust. I'll post up some pictures in a few.
I agree the comptech is a good exhaust system but for the same price i would pay for the cat back ws2 I can get only the axleback comptech which wont give me any performance gains cuz ill be using the stock piping. If i want the catback comptech its like 5-600 without shipping

·
Registered
587 Posts
When i was shopping around for exhaust the Apex WS was on the top of my list because it a touch louder then stock and the tip isn't four inches (which alot of exhausts are and i hate that). But i picked up the comptech on sale from Nopi for like 520 bucks. Yes its cheaper to go with the WS but for the stainless steel, the sound, and look i'm happy with what i got. Don't mind all the salt...it looks alot better when its clean lol.

If i get to see one of my friends this weekend i'll see if i can get sound clips

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
nation of kong said:
Did I just hi-jack this thread?
nope. Cuz if the the ws2 is actually made from aluminum then its lighter and will resist rust better then stainless or mild steel

BTW wash your shit NOW

BTW paying 100-200 $ more for full stainless is stupid.

All this if the piping on the ws2 is aluminum

·
Registered
587 Posts
acutally its made of

"mandrel bent piping consists of high temperature, titanium particle coated mild steel"

whatever the hell that means...but yeah its a nice exhaust. And i would love to wash my car...but theres still salt on the roads so it would just get dirty again (stupid chicago winter...can't make up its mind)

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
nation of kong said:
acutally its made of

"mandrel bent piping consists of high temperature, titanium particle coated mild steel"

whatever the hell that means...but yeah its a nice exhaust. And i would love to wash my car...but theres still salt on the roads so it would just get dirty again (stupid chicago winter...can't make up its mind)
Yep ive also seen its made of aluminum and has titanium particle coat or wtev

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
bwahaha u quoted that rep 4 u

i like the itr muffler on a 2.25 inch cat back sound nice but the apex ws is pretty damn nice as well

·
Registered
2000 Civic EX coupe
2,785 Posts
eg6motion said:
WS is nice but I still love my mugen knock-off. Twin loop is quiet and flows nicely compared to chambered mufflers. Tip is only 3inch too hehe.
cost too much even the fakes are more expensive then the ws2

1 - 20 of 47 Posts