Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I've got it installed for a long time ago but didn't do a review

Product: Apexi VAFC2

Pro: allow you to change the vtec crossover point as well as the air fuel ratio, have a monitor which you can keep track at the rpm, battery, vtec on or off, etc.
Pimp factors.
allow you change the vtec crossover point at every 100 rpm (VAFC2 is like every 500 rpm?? or 200rpm??)

Con: just a piggyback control, not a stand alone, so this is not ideal for you if you need some big time tuning such as NA running high CR, turbo, SC, etc

Comment: So far I haven't change any setting on the VAFC2 since I'd like to get my car tuned after I get I/H/E (actually only need a header and mid pipe now, lol). But I can say that the rpm reading on the VAFC2 is much more accrate than the one on your stock clusther. it's usually about 300-500 rpm off on the stock unit and the VAFC is ALWAYS RIGHT (since it's reading from the computer). it'll say close to 8000 rpm on my stock one but the rpm I'm really at is about 7300 to 7400 (according to the VAFC2).

Why do I spend much more to get this product: Just b/c of the pimp factor and it's the special edition (black color). Also I don't really plan on doing much w/ the motor for now so the VAFC2 will be good enough.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the Neo version soon. I need some sort of tuning bad.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Well I dont have a neo, but I do have a vafc2 for sell.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nice review, i have a first gen and i love it! So easy to use and it was a breeze to install. Only complaint i have is that i hooked it up EXACTLY like Apexi said and yet my check engine light is on at all times. Cars running just fine it's just annoying to see that light on all the damn time haha

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Yea Ive wired my fan up to were it runs all the time and it throws me check engine light on. I think Im gonna fix it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking of getting the Neo version soon. I need some sort of tuning bad.

it may not be a good idea to use the Neo to tune your engine if you're planning to go for high CR
get hondata S300 and you'll be better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts