Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is probably going to sound stupid but I picked up a VAFC while I was at the breakers. I got it on the cheap so it made sense. However I am not going to be using it on a VTEC. What I am wanting to know is if anyone knows if the VAFC can be used universally? I have been told that they have the same set-up as the SAFC however it also has the VTEC crossover adjustment. If that is true then I will be fine but I was hoping someone with one would chime in about it.

Specifically when you go to set up the pressure sender type that I need PR-1 where all Honda VTEC's use PR-6. I was wanting to use it to adjust for some larger injectors.

Thanks

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
No, You need the AFC for non and VAFC for vtec. Sorry, I wanted to know the same thing but opposite.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure you can but I want to know for sure. As long as it has the same Pressure sender type as the safc then there shouldn't be a problem.

The are four types of Pressure senders. PR, FLap, HW, Karman. If on a VAFC it has this range of options then it should work just fine.Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts