Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Apexi neo, and have plans to upgrade my o2sensor to a wide-band for tuning and monitoring purposes. I am Wondering if i can use my Apexi Neo as the gauge instead of buying a gauge and sensor like the AEM unit. Has anyone tried doing so? I don't see a reason why it wont work since it already can display your narrow-band a/f's, would be pretty neat if it could also show your wide-band a/f's to save $$'s from buying another gauge.

Also one more question, Which product do you guys recommend for monitor oil pressure?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Just because it can display your narrowband a/f's (idk what that even means b/c it would more or less be lean-stoich-rich) doesn't mean it can display wideband afr's (it's a voltage thing).

Oil pressure gauge - Prosport electric.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
narrow 0-1 volts
wide 0-5 volts
hit up Apexi see if it can take 5v

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
Narrow band oscilates a lot but notice how its steady at full throttle. My car is tuned to 13.5:1 in the low end and my narrow band lingers around 3/4 rich... when its oscilation you pay attention to your high value idling and cruising but because temperature (egts) and other things can mess with a narrowband its not really a good tuning device. So there technically is a way to monitor a/f's with a narrowband but wouldn't be advised. You can find the 0-1v chart for a/f ratios on google. I'm sure you can change the input. And if not you can buy a wideband for 189.00. Why not just get it.. you won't really just plug in the 02 sensor. You would probably end up with the innovative gauges-less setup to use with your neo if it works and you will be good to go. So just look around.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took a peak at prosportgauges.com, got one of their oil pressure gauges. Does the sending unit go under the oil filter? or oil pump? Probably just going to get an AEM Uego and call it a day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts