Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
an entire exhaust or a universal?

universals can be found on ebay for under $200 all day. thats where mine came from. it was authentic Apexi.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
an entire exhaust or a universal?

universals can be found on ebay for under $200 all day. thats where mine came from. it was authentic Apexi.
i just want the universals. (muffler part only)
i'm not going for speed in this car so i think that will make it look good.

and how hard is it to apply?

·
Registered
554 Posts
just like any other just get it welded on, but welding a new muffler to factory piping from my experience just reduces performance and makes it loud

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
its not bad. but you're prolly going to need to take it to a muffler shop and have them make you a mid pipe and axle over to basically make it a full cat back. otherwise it would be pointless.

my car had 3" mandrel stainless all the way back. it went under the tank and then turned at a 45 and up and out the bumper at an angle like that.

everyone loved the sound of it and you could here my turbo through the exhaust almost like open dp or a turbo diesel truck. sounded good. real good. i'd run the same setup if i ran another exhaust ever. altogether that setup cost me close to $900 though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been lurking quite a bit, but it seems like the majority of the work members do to their cars, they do it right. In other words, don't take the easy way out by bolting up the muffler. Get that thing welded, you'll be glad you did. You won't have weird rattles or security issues, plus you'll have the satisfaction that you did it right.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
the only way it will "bolt up" is if you bought just an axle over made for your car...

otherwise i dont see how a universal bolts up when there isn't even a flange on it. they are made for custom exhausts and to be welded or clamped...

i prefer welding.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only way it will "bolt up" is if you bought just an axle over made for your car...

otherwise i dont see how a universal bolts up when there isn't even a flange on it. they are made for custom exhausts and to be welded or clamped...

i prefer welding.
like its made for my car
"01-04"
but i'll just go buy it and then take it to a exhaust shop i guess

1 - 12 of 12 Posts