Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one has this boost controller on a Honda????

I was looking the specs and the boost controller looks good, but on the technical information on the apexi web page, there are no diagrams to hook it into a honda, just toyota, nissan, mazda and mitsubishi, in fact they say, do not use in a vehicle not listed.

I need to know if this boost controller could be used on my del sol

Please help guys

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
use the S300 its a tuning tool that can do everythign the avc-r CAN DO FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE AVC-R .. i think we told u this in your last thread

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts

ive went the crome/ec-tune route and its always a pain in the ass using a freaking ostrich emulator to tune realtime.. software freezes alot and just does not work flawless like it SHOULD.. plus hondata keeps updating getting new features everyday ec-tune is gonna make 1 or 2 more versions and never update again just like crome..

do yourself a favor and get with the big dogs and buy a hondata.. chippin ecu's if for poor nigger kikes ..

:) sry that was my adolf hitler cousins talking

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
im just saying i have ALOT more experience with D motors and .. plain old turboing hondas than most on here.. i had a turbo D back in 99 lol junk yard
t-25 hx manifold dsm sidemount kit... that was baller back then.. when FMU or AEM was the only choice..

from my experience i wish i would have went hondata the first go around.. i did the chipped ecu thing it was cool and cheap , but it just didnt do what i needed/ liked to do.. plus liek isaid it was buggy as hell my laptop would freeze all the time and not want to connec tto the ostrich i would have to reset it .. all in all not worht it to somone who likes to tune/tinker themselves

by the time u buy ectune license and a ostrich so u can change stuff realtime.. u almost spending the same as hondata, but not getting the support and constant updates that they have...

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The problem is that hondata s300 goes for allost 600.00 and I can get the apexi avc-r boost controller for 200.00

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
The problem is that hondata s300 goes for allost 600.00 and I can get the apexi avc-r boost controller for 200.00

510$ shipped corrperformance.com

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
I had hondata, and now have neptune, and will be moving to ectune...

I still have my s200BD in a closet somewhere... I'll never buy any hondata item unless there is no other option because of the way they treat their competitors and their customers. Do a search for Dave Blundell. aka Blundar and pgmfi.org...

A good friend of mine who's tuned many cars has a customer with over 700hp on ectune and loves it.

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
That's an interesting way to put it...I'm sure a better word choice could have been used
yah i know it was harsh.. im not pregidous , but that was the only way i could ge tthe hate out lol.. hmm i need a punching bag.. or maybe the wife needs to give it up a lil more

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
ive used to street tune a gsr turbo eg hatch not too long ago..

i used crome on my y7 setup it worked.. ,but just wasent up to par with what i need/like..

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
You know it hasn't been out that long right? Its still in beta testing with a handfull of tuners. I think the list is shorter then 10-15 people with the diy version and all the authorized tuners are listed on the site.Theres only 11 authorized U.S tuners

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
You know it hasn't been out that long right? Its still in beta testing with a handfull of tuners. I think the list is shorter then 10-15 people with the diy version and all the authorized tuners are listed on the site.Theres only 11 authorized U.S tuners

ok obviously you dont know me.. and know the people i know..

i work for Corrperformance LLC on the weekends tuning cars..
they are out of baton rouge.. hmm i wonder who else is in baton rouge..

MoatesWare LLC
618 Carriage Way
Baton Rouge, LA 70808

craig moates doesent have a dyno so he uses ours.. lol you know how it says certified and tested by moates.. i wonder where they tested it @. I checked out the afr's on the street after alberto got done dyno tuning it.. the system is ok but needs work.. it will be great in a lil while , but by then hondata will have made a newer better version..

dont believe me heres a vid of craig tuning a turbo ws6 @ our dyno .. dont mind the smoke.. lol turbos seals are GONE!! craig is the nerdy skinny white guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIBrfLwOcoc

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Anything in beta testing needs work.All i know is one of the most reputable tuners around and in my area (blundar) loves and recommended it so thats what im going with.

What specifically didn't you like about it?

·
Registered
bicycle
1,376 Posts
anyhting that deals with chips/ and or ostrich emulators..

we had a problem with the datalogging freezing up almost constantly on ectune.. and sometimes we would make an adjustment and it wouldnt update it in real time we would have to manually hit upload.. its just a pain in the ass..

third party software doesnt have the quality controll that big companies have. there is going to be many many many bugs and they just dont have the man power to fix these things or to find these bugs before they release it.. kinda like crome and the timing issue they had... by the time they get it perfect a bigger company neptune/ hondata will have a newer better version..

i like the fact that these companies make these prob that pushes the big guys to make theirs even better !!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts